OTA/PTA (Certified) – 2 positions
Job Posting #: 920983
Union: CUPE – TR
Site: Toronto Rehab, Lyndhurst Centre
Department: Spinal Cord Rehab Program
Reports to: Program Services Manager
Hours: 37.5 FTE Weekdays
Wage range or Salary: $28.471 – $29.253 per hour: Start rate non-negotiable.
Posted Date: June 15, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
- Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist, supervise or assist with individual patient treatment programs
- Assist in or conduct group activity/exercise programs
- Assist client to practice with assistive or adaptive equipment
- Instruct and demonstrate the safe use of therapeutic equipment
- Assist in the implementation of new occupational therapy and/or physiotherapy programs and research projects
- Monitor and report changes in health status to the supervising OT or PT
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives
- Set up and clean-up of patient treatment areas
- Assist with maintaining equipment and supplies inventory
- Successful completion of combined Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Assistant diploma from a recognized Community College
- Knowledge of equipment, e.g., wheelchair supplies and seating equipment, etc.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (C Level) Heart Saver Plus Canada and non-violent crisis intervention training.
- Knowledge of the rehabilitation approach to patient care and the roles of Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Experience in neurological rehabilitation, spinal cord injury experience preferred
- Hydrotherapy experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Effective team member
- Good attendance is essential
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.