This job is all encompassing, action-packed and changes daily- You won’t be bored! The successful candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Set up food (Breakfast, Lunch, Buffets, etc.) for events of all sizes across the GTA (private homes, venues and corporate offices);
- Office and Venue responsibilities including, but not limited to: keeping storage areas clean and organized, keeping venue area stocked and clean, event packouts, etc
Skills and Competencies
- 1 year food handling experience is an asset;
- Event Setup experience is an asset;
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work weekends;
- Strong personable skills (positive attitude, integrity, honesty, hard-working); and
- Great time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
The individual hired for this role will be paid a competitive hourly rate based on experience. The rate will be reviewed regularly and will be increased based on merit. There is also significant room for growth and responsibilities for hard-working, dedicated people.
Toben Food by Design Inc. was formed in 2005 in Toronto, Ontario as a catering company that specializes in providing fresh, local, artisan cuisine, custom menus, and event management services (rentals, staffing, décor) to both corporate and private cliental. Inspired by global cuisine, Toben Foods puts a twist on classic fine dining by bringing the best from the reaches of world; Thailand, Korea, Vietnam, South America, India, Japan, and Europe. Menu proposals are fully customized to reflect the distinct requirements of each client, paying close attention to dietary restrictions, budget, and style of event. The events catered by the company include all day corporate seminars, cocktail receptions, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs as well as charity galas/events.
Toben Food is proud and humbled to see consistent year over year growth and low employee turnover. Toben Food continually looks to add hardworking, dedicated and good all-around people to its already impressive team. We look forward to speaking and meeting with qualified candidates.
- Flexible working hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Food Handling: 1 year (Preferred)