Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
University Health Network (UHN) represents the coming together of shared values and diverse expertise in patient care, research and teaching. Each of our facilities (Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute) makes a unique contribution to the whole. Together, we create something far greater than the sum of our parts.
Located at the heart of downtown Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital has provided community care and specialized services for more than 100 years. Our hospital provides world-class care in Neuroscience, Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis and Community and Population Health programs. Complementing these programs are outstanding facilities, including the Krembil Neuroscience Centre.
As a member of the Operating Room (OR) Health Care Team, the responsibilities of the OR/INVENTORY ATTENDANT include performing transportation functions of equipment and supplies; supply replenishment; daily cycle counting of supplies; ensuring necessary inventories are maintained – management and replenishment of supplies; quality control of expired, damaged or compromised product; providing responsive team-oriented support/maintenance for the equipment/supplies within the OR; communicates supply concerns to Inventory Supervisor, surgical leadership team, CPD and Logistics; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- Completion of Grade Xll or recognized equivalent required
- Knowledge of OR equipment and supplies, required
- Computer knowledge required for daily operation of the Pyxis Inventory System
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.) Knowledge of applicable Hospital and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines, protocols and practices
- Knowledge of procedures for handling contaminated materials
- Knowledge of the equipment, tools and instruments common to the Operating Room environment, within scope of responsibility
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a courteous manner
- Good problem identification/problem solving skills
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations