Nutrition Aide, Food Delivery
Job Posting #: 917640
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Supervisor
Hours:Up to 24 hours per week; various shifts including alternating weekends and stat holidays
Salary:$23.17 – $23.85 per hour (Start rate: $23.17 in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Status:Temporary Part-Time (up to 1 year)
Shifts: Various shifts
Posted Date: April 13, 2023
Closing Date: April 20, 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
- Preparing and stocking the nutrition center with required items for patient meals;
- Preparing tray add-ons, meal changes and special tube feeding;
- Delivering food trays and snacks to patients;
- Collecting empty trays from patient room;
- Taking dirty food trucks to the basement;
- Performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required;
- Performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Food Handler Certificate Required (documentation to be provided within 60 days of starting position)
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or 1 month to less than 3 months on the job training
- Ability to read/understand short notes, brief forms and memos
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations (g., adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, etc.)
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift up to 5 kg, loading, and unloading food trucks; pushing heavy food trucks during pick up and delivery of meals
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance with UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- May be required to work rotating shifts
- Will be required to work on weekends and statutory holidays
- Food service worker program an asset
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situation.
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive compensation & benefits (medical, dental, etc.)
- HOOPP defined benefit pension plan
- Wellness services & offerings
- Close access to the TCC and UHN shuttle service
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.