CUPE JOB POSTING # 906543
Position: Nutrition Aide, Food Delivery
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Nutrition Services
Reports To: Supervisor
Scale/Grade: Level 52
Wage/Rate: $23.17 – $23.85 per hour (Start rate: $23.17 in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: Up to 24 hours per week; various shifts including alternating weekends and stat holidays
Status: Permanent Part-Time
As an integral member of the Nutrition Department, the principal responsibilities of the NUTRITION AIDE, FOOD DELIVERY include: preparing and stocking the nutrition center with required items for patient meals; preparing tray add-ons, meal changes and special tube feeding; delivering food trays and snacks to patients; collecting empty trays from patient room; taking dirty food trucks to the basement; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Food Handler Certificate Required (documentation to be provided within 60 days of starting position)
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or 1 month to less than 3 months on the job training
- Ability to read/understand short notes, brief forms and memos
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations (g., adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, etc.)
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift up to 5 kg, loading, and unloading food trucks; pushing heavy food trucks during pick up and delivery of meals
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance with UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- May be required to work rotating shifts
- Food service worker program an asset
- Will be required to work on weekends and statutory holidays
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situation.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 22, 2022 CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2022 by 3:00 p.m.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.