We are hiring a Nursing Supervisor to support our Mississauga/Etobicoke regions. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the clinical, educational and professional development of our Visiting Nurses. This position involves an on call rotation.
At Spectrum Health Care our mission is re-imagining home care for clients and families to provide products and services they need, whenever care is required, delivered by the most qualified and compassionate staff.
In this role you will work in a dynamic, fast paced environment leading a team of nurses to achieve excellence in providing home care services to Spectrum’s patients. You will prepare monthly schedules for nursing field staff, understanding available resources and keeping quality at the forefront of all resource utilization decisions. You will also develop educational initiatives that support the ongoing development of our nursing teams.
In collaboration with the operations leadership team and system partners, you will leverage your clinical skills to lead program development and design of clinical workflows that support new models of care delivery for target populations. You will also lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives ensuring that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner. In collaboration with key stakeholders, you will address quality, safety and risk management issues, including the development of improvement plans.
- Acts as a professional role model, mentor and change agent for staff by demonstrating clinical expertise and evidence of ongoing professional development
- Determines appropriate staffing levels to maintain referral acceptance metrics as determined by funder
- Provides clinical nurse leadership and direction by ensuring patient care is delivered according to professional nursing standards and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Conducts supervisory visits with nursing staff to observe care and service, provide feedback, coaching and mentoring
- Participates in staffing and orientation of new staff
- Responsible for performance management of nursing staff, including performance appraisals and progressive discipline
- Completes case reviews to support appropriate frequency of care and nursing capacity
- Engages patients and nursing team using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential patient health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals
- Current CNO registration as Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing, degree preferred
- Valid G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities as a Nursing Supervisor/Manager, preferably in a community setting
- Solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service delivery to patients
- Current CPR certification
Spectrum Health Care is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This award recognizes top companies across Canada for overall performance, sustained growth, strategy, capabilities and innovation, culture and commitment, and leadership. Click here to learn more about this esteemed honour.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.