Markham McNicoll Urgent Care Centre (MMUCC)
The Markham McNicoll Urgent Care Centre (MMUCC), is dedicated to excellent, patient-centered health care and understands the importance of primary care and Urgent Care in everyone’s health and wellness. Our clinic opens every day for extended hours to look after the needs of patients in our communities. We have a multicultural team of skilled professionals that include Canadian-trained and certified physicians, healthcare specialists, nurses and allied health providers. We are currently looking for suitable candidates who can fulfill the role of: Clinic Nurse (RPN)/Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Assistant. As part of our dynamic team, you too, can play an integral role in providing excellent patient care.
Our Markham McNicoll Urgent Care Centre (MMUCC) is one of the best rated Urgent Care / Walk-In facilities in the Greater Toronto Area. We are part of MEDCENTRE HEALTH, a company that is expanding towards an integrated healthcare facility. Our Urgent care centre operates alongside a Family Care Clinic and a Specialist Clinic.
· Graduate of accredited Nursing program and Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Nurse and / or have completed an accredited MLA Program and certification (MLA/T)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Soft Skills Required:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Punctuality and attentiveness
· Ability to multitask in an organized and structured manner
· Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary professional team
· Excellence in customer service and exceptional interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain client and clinic confidentiality
· Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner
· Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills
Expected Responsibilities (Not limited to):
- Competence with recording vital signs
- Able to do wound dressing
- Assisting physicians in regular patient care
- Competence with injections
- Assisting physicians in routine patient care and documenting
- Assisting physicians in procedures when required
- Maintaining a medical inventory and emergency inventories
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Administrative tasks (filing, sorting, labeling, faxing, copying, etc.)
· A competitive salary
· A positive, team-oriented and collaborative work environment
- We provide the essential training (including EMR) needed to work in our clinic
- Opportunities for career advancement
The hours of clinic operations are as follows:
· Morning Shifts (9am-3pm on weekdays & 9am-4pm on weekends & holidays)
· Evening Shifts (3pm-9pm on weekdays only)
· All our staff should be willing to do morning & evening shifts.
· We thank all candidates for their interest and application.
· Only qualified candidates will be considered (not all qualified candidates will be contacted).
· No phone calls regarding this job or your application please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- 8 Hour Shift
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Nursing (Required)
- Address Scarborough