Positions Available: 1
Compensation: $56,000.00 to $70,000.00 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours perweek
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to a clinical Program Manager, the Nurse Case Manager is a member of an interdependent, multidisciplinary team serving senior age clients with complex mental health and geriatric health needs; provides client-centered assessments, treatment, rehabilitation and support services based on Reconnect program guidelines. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Treats clients by using correct nursing techniques that are in compliance with all legislated requirements, the practice and ethical standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario and specific Reconnect procedures and policies;
- Assists in the development and maintenance of effective linkages with hospitals and community service providers;
- Identifies and communicates significant abnormalities in the client data to the appropriate team members;
- Provides program teams, clients, families and others with specialized consultation / education related to nursing issues;
- Develops clinically sound case plans using the Ontario Common Assessment of Need (OCAN) or the Inter-RAI Community Health Assessment tool that are specific to the needs of clients and the objectives of the program in question;
- Provides counselling to assist clients in accomplishing their goals and managing their symptoms and day-to-day stressors;
- Accesses, co-ordinates and advocates for services and resources to meet client needs such as housing, financial, vocational, educational, social, recreational, medical, legal, ADL, etc., per the treatment plan.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing, providing eligibility for a current Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in nursing; community geriatric nursing required; psycho-geriatric nursing preferred;
- Knowledge regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the west end of Toronto. We provide services for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commuter Benefits
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- G Class Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle (Required)