University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Certified MRI Technologist in our JDMI Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Medical Imaging team, the MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST/MRI TECHNOLOGIST, responsibilities include: ensuring patient and staff safety in and around the MRI environment, performing Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures as outlined in the procedure manuals; operating, troubleshooting and ensuring that medical imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective and efficient manner; preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results; attendance at meetings as required; data processing, responsible for teaching, training, educational, research, safety and quality improvement programs/activities; performing other related patient care responsibilities to facilitate the provision of optimal patient care; observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures and designing imaging policies and procedures that will result in improvements in technical quality; adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality; performing cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested; performing other duties related to the job classification, as required.
• Six (6) months to one (1) year recent clinical MRI experience
• Completion of a post diploma program in MRI, or recognized equivalent with MRI certification
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification
• Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMTRO) in MRI i.e. MRT (MR)
• Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• Cross-sectional Anatomy course
• Contrast injection course
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
• Effective time management skills; ability to organize work and set priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to teach and communicate expert job knowledge to others
• Ability to be trained in the following MRI specialization, i.e.: cardiac, body, neuro, MSK, breast
• Ability to be trained in advanced contrast injection techniques
• Ability to complete an update of clinical skills program
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions, and meet patient care needs
• Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as the ability to work as an autonomous professional
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment at all sites
• Drive to maintain education and keep current on future trends in MRI
POSTED DATE: June 4, 2020 CLOSING DATE: June 18, 2020
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.