University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Merchandising Technician in our Outpatient Pharmacy Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
As a member of the Outpatient Pharmacy, the MERCHANDISING TECHNICIAN is responsible for maintaining responsibility for ordering, receiving, and pricing prescription and non-prescription items for multi-site outpatient pharmacies; performs merchandising and cashier functions; organizing revenue-generating promotions to attract customer interest; coordinating the return of stale-dated merchandises and other products; communicating with other Pharmacy personnel; performing technical functions in support of the Pharmacy; performing cross-functional duties, within scope of authority; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required. Requires lifting items or bending, such as cases of nutritional products greater than 15lbs which are sold by the case, merchandising/stocking cases of beverages. Requires standing 95% of the shift. Requires assisting with packaging and sending prescription deliveries and reconciling invoices.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent
- One (1) year related merchandising experience preferably in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of Pharmacy operations, practices and regulations an asset
- Knowledge of applicable legislation i.e. Health Professions Regulations Act, etc. an asset
- Knowledge of Point of Sales System an asset
- Knowledge of Shoppers Drug Mart Merchandise Management System (MMS)
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (W.H.M.I.S.) requirements
- Knowledge of compression stockings as asset
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Compliance with established confidentiality requirements
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good organizational and time management skills
- Six months technical experience in a retail/community Pharmacy
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 10, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted