Positions Available: 1
Compensation: $19.49 to $25.60 per hour
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Part-Time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Hours of Work:
Position #8 Shifts (16.5 Hours per week)
– Friday 8:00pm to 12:00am
– Saturday 11:45pm to 8:15am
– Sunday 8:00pm to 12:00am
Reporting to a clinical program manager, the Mental Health Worker will provide on-site assessment, intake, and support as well as liaison with existing supports and assistance with goal setting and planning, to clients of this program in West Toronto. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- co-ordinates client access to short-term crisis beds;
- liaises and collaborates with other short-term crisis bed providers;
- provides a variety of individualized on-site supports including, but not limited to, addressing immediate short-term housing needs, accessing financial aid, assessing medical supports, working with families, crisis prevention / intervention, advocacy, referrals to other services, etc.;
- liaises and collaborates with other mental health and justice service providers, mobile crisis teams, hospitals, physicians, community workers, substance abuse programs, landlords and family members on behalf of clients;
- delivers all services in a professional manner and according to established guidelines and associated benchmarks;
- actively participate in household tasks including cleaning and domestic routines.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field
- Minimum two years related experience in direct service delivery to adults with serious mental illness
- Knowledge of mental illness issues, the mental health system and other concepts related to the effects of serious mental illness
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in provision of residential / housing supports to adults with serious mental illness
- Knowledge of housing, health care and community resources
- Experienced in working effectively as a member of a team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing)
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred.
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume through Indeed’s applicant database.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at(416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Address Toronto