Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid-mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages, and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager. This role is responsible for producing mechanical engineering designs and detailed mechanical drawings required for the manufacturing of products and communicating with internal and external teams. The mechanical engineer is involved in the projects from start to finish to ensure deadlines are met.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews Sales Order documents to understand product details.
- Uses product selections tools and other resources to verify engineering design meets all sales specifications.
- Creates design layout of equipment that meets customer footprint, regional codes, industry codes, OSHA requirements, and best manufacturing practices.
- Effectively creates the necessary drawings to communicate manufacturing of product where applicable to using SMAP P&ID and SolidWorks SMAP 3D.
- Working with the customer to ensure equipment works effectively within their system where applicable
- Produces bill of materials in accordance with project specifications, timeline and budget using Microsoft NAV Dynamics. Includes all details necessary for purchasing to procure materials necessary for manufacturing.
- Collaborates with the departmental teams (electrical and programming) through meetings, emails, and drawings to effectively communicate relevant project requirements and updates.
- Assists with issues that arise during manufacturing in a timely manner as to not disrupt deadlines.
- Assists with providing sales support where concept drawings are required or process, instrumentation or material information is required.
- Assists service groups with inquiries or issues that arise in the field.
- Communicates with both internal and external teams, including vendors, sales, purchasing, manufacturing, service.
- Prepares supporting documentation for products such as, technical manuals, special instructions & drawings, schedules, etc.
- Oversees the fabrication of mechanical systems to ensure projects are completed in accordance with design drawings.
- Reviews drawings, quotes, and fills out bidding forms for mechanical projects.
- Maintains communication with key stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and engineers to develop, coordinate and schedule project design and submissions.
- Responds to client inquiries in a timely manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Engineering required
- 5-10 years of refrigeration, HVAC, and/or process piping experience required
- P.Eng designation is an asset
- Previous experience working in an Industrial Manufacturing environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts, both verbally, writing, and through drawings
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment
The salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Berg Chilling Systems, we welcome diversity and the synergy stemming from all perspectives as a result of different backgrounds and experiences. We provide respect and equal employment opportunities for all Company individuals and applicants for positions regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status and disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Refrigeration, HVAC, Process Piping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19