About Ya YA Foods Corp.:
Ya YA Foods is a dynamic and high-growth manufacturer of liquid food and unique beverages. With over 30 years’ experience, we have evolved into a versatile manufacturer and co-packer of a variety of low acid and high acid beverage and liquid food items. We are a family owned Canadian business who prides itself in its proven track record of satisfying the needs of global multi-national customers. We are a solution provider for our customers, always striving to exceed expectations on innovation, quality, service, and speed to market. Today, our product lines include juices, broth, plant-based beverages, sports drinks, and dairy based drinks.
- Conduct daily operations of preventative maintenance on processors, filling machines, packaging equipment, and conveyors
- Install equipment, operate upgrades, apply fixes to improve reliability
- Conduct daily routine checks on equipment to detect damages, or needs for repairs on equipment
- Servicing of machines, conveyors, palletizers, wrappers, depalletizers, labellers
- Troubleshoot valves, accumulators, pilot operated valves, cylinders and all associated hardware with minimal supervision
- Comply with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems which includes, but is not limited to Production, Quality, Food Safety & GMP
- Comply at all times with all rules & policies regarding health safety, occupational safety, environmental safety, food safety, legal regulations, company requirements, etc.
- Participate in the development of team members through training and collaboration.
- Compliance with the company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years maintenance experience is required (plant, warehouse, manufacturing environment)
- Ability to read manuals and find parts and blueprints
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits is required
- Trade license would be a strong asset
- Electromechanical competency is an asset (sensors, drives, HMI, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills (ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English)
- Fast learner and knowledge on continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and with minimal supervision
- Excellent and demonstrated problem solving skills, this position requires hands on practice
WHY IS THIS THE IDEAL JOB FOR YOU:
- Comfort to work in a stable & thriving company, with modern fully automated production lines and plenty of opportunities to develop your expertise / reinforce your skills
- YaYA Foods celebrates diversity in our workforce. We encourage different perspectives and a working environment that is supportive of all our people – where every employee has the opportunity to realize his or her potential to the fullest. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request
- Certitude to have weekends off every other week, so you can enjoy family time
- Guaranty to always have at least 2 days off back to back, so you can have sleep recovery
- Fairness of night shifts repartition by rotation, so you can maintain an active social life
- Compatibility of working hours with public transit service time (7:00 to 19:00 or 19:00 to 7:00), so you can commute easily
- Commuting only 3 days to 4 days a week for your full-time shift, decreasing transit & gas expenses, saving your hard-earned money
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS :
- Type of contract : Full Time Permanent – 42 hours a week – 12 hours shifts
- Work shifts : rotation of 15 days of Day Shift ( 7 am to 7 pm ) and then 15 days of Night Shift ( 7 pm to 7 am)
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- The position is based in Etobicoke, in Toronto West end (nearest major intersection is Gardiner Expressway & Kipling Avenue).
- Our site is served by two TTC transit bus lines, running 7 days a week, all day (12 min bus ride to Kipling subway, 15 min bus ride to Islington station).
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanic: 2 years (Required)