The Marketing Specialist & Internal Events will support the development and launch of Brand and Promotional Campaigns that are designed to build brand equity, drive traffic to stores and increase customer engagement. They will work closely with the Brand Managers on both banners to ensure a seamless brand experience across all parts of the customer journey, and will ensure that brand components are optimized. They will also play a key role in the development and execution of promotional public relations for both the Metro and Food Basics banners, community investment, and internal events reporting to the director.
- Responsible for assessment of local opportunities and sponsorship requests to align and reinforce the banners’ brand positioning.
- Contribute to the development of and project manages multi-faceted integrated campaigns that support brand objectives, commercial business strategies and tactical marketing plans.
- Responsible for managing both off-line and on-line content within the banners Weekly Content Calendar, including animation and amplification of digital content and campaign assets.
- Support the execution of consumer facing advertising at all local events, sponsorship activations and work closely with brand and digital team to evaluate and execute local community events.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to manage projects within budgets and timelines.
- Leads the planning and execution of internal employee events (including, but not limited to the annual Head Office Employee BBQ, Head Office Meeting, Head Office Holiday Luncheon, Head Office Children’s Party); provides cross-functional support to marketing during off season time.
- Assist with community investment initiatives, including the Green Apple School Program, Toonies for Tummies, Employee Giving Program and Day of Caring programs.
- University degree or related education in marketing, communications or e-Commerce.
- 3 – 5 years relevant marketing and event planning experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in event planning in a corporate or agency environment.
- Good Knowledge of CMS tools and Google Analytics.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Internet knowledge.
- Ability to work within budget perimeters.
Off-line Marketing Team Members, Merchandising, Operations; Agency relationships include: Digital, Media Planning, Advertising, Promotional, Experiential and PR Agencies; Other suppliers as needed.