Do you want to be part of a bold, daring, and ambitious team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime?
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (The PMCF) is one of the world’s leading cancer charities. The PMCF raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world. We are relentless in the pursuit of our vision. For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. In 2019, we raised $112 million – our best year ever – and we are on track to raise even more in 2020.
Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by The PMCF’s culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events, including:
- The Weekend to Conquer Cancer
- Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Scotiabank Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About the Team
Our Marketing Department’s vision is to create world-class, awarded, strategic creative communications in support of all our business functions, leading The PMCF to become Canada’s most respected charitable foundation. Our culture of innovation and collaboration has helped The Princess Margaret to become a highly revered cancer centre that is recognized on the global stage for consistently surpassing our fundraising goals. If you are a relationship builder and problem solver with exceptional marketing abilities, a “can-do” attitude, and a strong desire to contribute to our mission of Future Care Now, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role
As the Marketing Manager of Events, you will primarily focus on the marketing execution of Canada’s largest athletic fundraiser – The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer – as well as marketing for select other Peer to Peer fundraising events. You will play a critical role in enabling The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation to achieve awareness, participation and fundraising goals of our events.
- Support the development and execution of marketing plans across a portfolio of events
- Support the Marketing Director, Events, in the execution of all paid, earned and owned media
- Manage the email communications for Events, including working closely with Creative Services and Business Intelligence on list strategies & list-pulls, creative development, testing, deployment and analytics
- Working with Business Intelligence team on reporting and review of analysis to make data driven decisions
- Support the development, maintenance and reporting of Events websites
- Develop, deploy and report on social content across all major social platforms, and for select events, work closely with the Community Manager who will also handle community management for select events
- Support the needs of influencer engagement
- Lead development of status reports and workback schedules
- Work closely with agency partners to ensure projects are kept on-track, on-time and on-budget
- Provide marketing support, where needed, at our Events; can require evening and weekend work, and occasional local travel
Skills & Qualifications
- You must have 4-6 years of experience working on large National brands requiring complex project management
- Experience using Hootsuite, Meltwater, Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, and web CMS (or similar products)
- Experience in social media communications, development, execution, management and reporting as well as strong understanding of public relations and influencer marketing
- Experience in email communications development and production management
- Highly skilled at project management including the development and detailed oversight of workback schedules, management of status reports, budget tracking, etc.
- A university degree or college diploma (in marketing or advertising preferred)
- Agency or client-side B2C marketing experience, with demonstrated client service experience
- Experience in non-profit peer-to-peer fundraising preferred
- Proactive self-starter who works collaboratively but is also comfortable initiating projects and working autonomously
- Flexibility and willingness to work some evenings and weekends to support the events when required
- Avid / experienced cyclist a plus
Why work with us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and education assistance programs
- Flexible working arrangements to support your need to balance your life at work and at home
Posting Date: September 30, 2020 Closing Date: Until filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.