$20 an hour
Full Job Description
With one truck, a strong work ethic and an ardent sense of team spirit, Mike and Antonio Giampaolo established Triple M Metal in 1975. Now, more than 40 years later, we have grown from modest beginnings to become one of North America’s largest, privately held, fully integrated recyclers of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals.
Our growing enterprise operates 27 facilities across North America, including Canada, the United States and Mexico, with additional interests in Europe. Our established and far-reaching geographic network means we are optimally positioned to maintain and service our current customer base while making strides in new and emerging markets. We strive to build confidence and value from local or community-based peddlers to the most prominent international companies by providing customized solutions that deliver on all metal recycling and process needs.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Team Member – Chop Line. The position will be stationed at our 900 Intermodal Drive location in Brampton, ON. This position will be responsible for inspecting, grading, sorting and processing non-ferrous scrap metals in order to achieve operational goals and objectives. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, the control and care of the industrial fork lift and skid steer equipment which is used for shipping, receiving and production purposes
What we Offer:
- Paid Benefits – Health, Vision Dental
- Life, Long-Term Disability and AD&D Insurance
- Monthly Bonus
- Night Shift Premium
- Pension Plan Match
- Over-Time Pay
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Training and opportunities for growth and advancement
- 7am to 7pm
- Rotating Continental (Day Shift Only)
- Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday
What we expect you to do?
- Performs the inspecting processing of non-ferrous scrap metals and maintains work location in orderly condition in order to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Inspect material quality as once processed through compline and remove non-conforming materials
- Monitor and make changes to Chop Line PLC parameters, not limited to, material flow, temperature control, and air flow and vibration control.
- Perform general mechanical adjustments, blade prep and changes in ATS and BDR, blade checks, change screens.
- Visually inspect product quality out of the Hamos and report finding to Shift Supervisor.
- Operates counterbalance forklift and/or skid steer in accordance with operation policies and procedures ensuring efficient material movement
- General housekeeping functions
- 1 year of warehouse, distribution or machine operating experience
Triple M Metal LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact us at 905-494-3999 x4219 to discuss your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay