Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Home & Community Care
Work Schedule: Days, Evening – Weekend (If Needed)
Reporting to the site Senior Manager, the Manager Supervisor Client Service Associates is a member of the site operation team responsible for supporting the Client Service Associates (CSA) team to meet their operational goals efficiently. The Managing Supervisor promotes team work and collaboration between teams and provides: training, planning, organizing. The position is also responsible for the oversight of process compliances, performance management and implementation of new processes/activities as outlined by the Senior Manager.
- Ensures team members follow standard CSA operating and administrative processes by conducting Gemba observations to evaluate process adherence in order to achieve effective client care and exceptional client experience.
- Utilizes VON Lean practices to guide decision making and improve processes.
- Implements internal Lean capacity through a shared Lean Vision.
- Attends and facilitates Management Systems meetings as required (such as site weekly productivity meetings, service delivery improvement forums, service provider productivity meeting).
- Shares key performance indicator (KPIs) results with the team and engages team to conduct continuous improvement activities.
- Organizes & evaluate workflows for the CSA team
- Communicates performance expectations clearly and consistently with teams.
- Coaches, advises, and provides leadership/supervision to staff to create a positive & collaborative workplace environment.
- Assists with the Performance Development of employees in alignment with the organization priorities.
- Adheres to the performance coaching model, working collaboratively with Site management and Labour relations teams to address promptly any performance issues.
- Coaches, mentors and trains staff to ensure quality of client service is being achieved.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Collaborates with workforce management department to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Identifies trends, process gaps, and variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Communicates serious service quality issues to the senior manager for intervention and resolution where appropriate.
- Fosters positive labour/management relationships by confirming adherence to the collective agreement, leading labour/management meetings, and working to resolve areas of disagreement involving interpretation of the collective agreement
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace confirming workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures the implementation and interpretation of personnel policies, relevant employment standards and other legislative or professional requirements
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place in the Region
- Maintains personnel records and ensuring proper documentation is available on employee classification, discipline, performance development, attendance management, and other related human resource matters.
- Required to be the Accreditation Champion for the site
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their role
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery
- Lead and Participates in different committees
External and Internal Relationships:
- Liaises with external stakeholders such as funders as required.
- Interacts with Frontline service providers, Site management teams and internal departments
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education such as business administration or relevant experience in related field such as call center supervisor or CSA team lead
- Minimum of two years of prior experience in supervisor or team lead role
- Lean experience considered an asset
- Experience in in a non- profit health care environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Words, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member to achieve desired results.
- Strong computer skills including working with data bases
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial experience working in an approved budget.
- A current and original satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.