Do you want to be part of a bold, daring, and ambitious team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime?
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (The PMCF) is one of the world’s leading cancer charities. The PMCF raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world. We are relentless in the pursuit of our vision. For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. In 2019, we raised $112 million – our best year ever – and we are on track to raise even more in 2020.
Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by The PMCF’s culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events, including:
- The Weekend to Conquer Cancer
- Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Scotiabank Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer
The Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education.
About the Role
In this newly created role, you will work closely with the Director of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness to help shape our organization into a world class employer. You will utilize best practice research to develop and implement innovative and disruptive talent initiatives and champion our One-Team culture.
What you will be doing
- Implement best-in class talent initiatives to drive exceptional employee experience and position The PMCF as an employer of choice
- Manage talent related systems, tools and processes including but not limited to: diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, learning and development
- Serve as the first point of contact for all HR related inquiries; advise team members on HR policies, benefits and guidelines
- Recommend and implement improvements to policies, programs, and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of HR services and operations
- Lead and manage the end to end recruitment and onboarding process to secure top talent for the Foundation
- Develop and conduct training programs and documentation
- Develop and deliver content for various presentations and trainings as needed
- Manage our new workplace logistics and operations; provide leadership to our Receptionist/Floor manager to ensure floor management operations are run smoothly
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee files
- Passion about the future of the Human Resources function and its impact on organizational success
- Exceptional service orientation; ability to build and foster strong professional relationships
- 5+ years of experience in an innovative work environment with proven experience in Human Resources
- Previous experience as an HR Business Partner is an asset
- Must have strong communication skills sufficient to create and deliver persuasive PowerPoint presentations and reference tools for various audiences
- Proven leadership skills with experience in mentorship and coaching
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple varied projects
- Strong organizational skills
Why work with us?
- Experience a sense of purpose that you won’t get anywhere else, in any other job. You will be making a difference for millions of people impacted by cancer
- We have an open and approachable culture that enables you to bring your best ideas forward
- We will invest in your growth through ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and education assistance programs
- We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, incentive pay, health benefits, and Health of Ontario Pension Plan
- We offer flexible working arrangements to support your need to balance life at work and at home
Posting Date: September 28, 2020 Closing Date: October 16,2020
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.