Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager, Office of the CEO oversees the efficient management of all CEO Office operations, administration, projects and initiatives. The position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters relating to the office. The role also supports the Board of Directors and oversees all Board related planning and administration. The Manager, Office of the CEO must be a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and strong analytical skills. The role demands the ability to work independently on projects from implementation to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times handling a wide variety of activities, relationships and confidential matters with upmost discretion.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage the CEO’s office and ensure administrative support is timely, accurate and of the highest standard;
- Manage a diverse range of matters submitted for the CEO’s consideration or approval and determine necessary priorities and approval processes;
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve processes and systems to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO’s Office;
- Provide regular updates to the CEO and other stakeholders as required through project reports, presentations and other mediums;
- Support the CEO in organizing stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations, and incorporates recommendations into project plans;
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings hosted by the CEO, including agenda development, preparing meeting materials, room set-up and food ordering if required;
- Organize all aspects of travel for the CEO including itineraries, accommodation, appointments, approvals, and related documentation required for travel;
- Proactively manage the CEO’s calendar, including the scheduling of appointments, meetings, invitations and events, ensuring the CEO is adequately prepared and/or briefed in a timely manner prior to meetings;
- Respond appropriately to a range of confidential and sensitive phone enquiries, meeting requests, and other matters ensuring appropriate support is provided and/or follow-up action is taken;
- Draft responses to letters/memos/emails and assist with the preparation and production of reports;
- Manage, record and prioritize incoming correspondence, in particular and ensure they are actioned promptly and appropriately.
- Provide high level administrative services to the Board of Directors;
- Coordinate and prepare the CEO for Board Meetings and ensure Board Members receive all documentation and meeting details within agreed timelines.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, communications or a health-related field,
- Extensive experience providing a high standard of executive and administrative support to a Chief Executive Officer
- Experience in providing administrative support to a Board including preparing and circulating documentation, and acting as a liaison between the Board and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement systems and procedures to ensure that work is completed to the required standards and within deadlines, including the ability to prioritize tasks, plan ahead and establish an appropriate course of action, and anticipate and adjust for potential challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement when making decisions and is able to undertake work activities independently or as part of a team; a self-starter with a proven track record for proactively identifying opportunities / solutions, and accepting responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and confidently convey or present ideas and information to engage people; and prepare briefs, letters, emails, documents and reports using appropriate style and accurate, concise and grammatically correct language.
- Technologically savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other applications, as required.
- Mature personality with the ability to observe and maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings as required
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Reconnect, all new hires must have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date and will be required to show proof. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon Reconnect’ s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the west end of Toronto. We provide services for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$88,000.00 per year
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday