JOB POSTING 870214
Position: Manager, Logistics
Site: TBD – Princess Margaret Cancer Centre / Toronto Western Hospital / Toronto Rehab
Department: Materials Management
Reports to: Director, Materials Management
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $74,977 – $93,736 per annum
Status: Permanent Full-Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Logistics Manager in our Materials Management Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Materials Management team, the responsibilities of the Materials Management Manager include: the management of all aspects of operations for PMH, TWH & TRI.
You will be developing strategies to manage workflow and growth, performing budgeting responsibilities, maintaining responsibility for the cost effective management of the department, developing and leading innovative projects that will improve operations, enhancing the work area and facilitate a seamless and smooth operation, performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Maintains responsibility for the management, operation and organizational effectiveness of the service.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all staff and others entering the physical areas of the department.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in current practices, initiates discussion with peer Managers.
- Develops and implements short and long-term strategies and quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with the management team to further improve processes and systems.
- Responsible for the integrity of the Stores/Receiving System to ensure the timely and accurate receipt, and delivery of supplies.
- Establish and maintain an objective customer satisfaction measurement process to obtain feedback from customers and suppliers regarding performance of the delivery and distribution processes. Identify and implement appropriate improvements when necessary.
- Creates working partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure optimum quality and non-disruptive service.
- Represents the hospital, as an active participant in discussions and plans to develop procedures for the continuity of services, during emergency situations, disruption of support services, labour disputes etc. and implement when needed.
- Participates in site specific supply chain initiatives (i.e. product conversions) bringing such initiatives to a successful conclusion in a timely manner.
- Manages aspects of human and financial resources.
- At minimum, completion of a 3-year community college program in Business or Purchasing/Logistics, or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years practical and related work experience.
- Must be highly innovative and self – motivated, have the ability to work under broad guidelines and set high work standards while taking the initiative to ensure organizational goals are established and met.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify underlying issues, review possible alternatives, recommend a course of action and develop action plans that attain the desired outcome.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of employees and suppliers to ensure member hospital sites (PMH, TWD & TRI) expectations are met or exceeded. Must be able to perform under pressure and remain effective in an ever changing and ambiguous environment while maintaining a highly effective management team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in dealing with a wide range of hospital contacts, both internally and externally. Also, be able to exhibit the “human dimension” in the workplace.
- Able to be assertive and work under broad guidelines using own initiative.
- A record of sound judgment in making decisions consistent with the policies, business and ethical conduct and goals of UHN.
- High energy level is mandatory to keep pace with significant customer and supplier contacts, while striving for customer satisfaction, notwithstanding the major time demands and pressures associated with routine business dealings and other conflicting issues and requirements.
Posted Date: March 04, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.