Reporting to the Director, Research & Planning, you will be responsible for performing in-depth market & customer research and analysis for all banners of the Metro Ontario division. In this role, you will define and oversee the execution of primary research projects, performance analyses in order to evaluate business performance and to communicate the consumer, market and customer perspective, with the objective of providing relevant insight to inform business decisions. You will manage the corresponding budget. Finally, you will work closely with various departments within the organization (ex: merchandising, marketing, operations, loyalty, etc.) and maintain business relationships with several external analytical partners.
- Oversee and conduct analysis, using internal and external data, that clearly articulates banner performance as well as market and consumer trends.
- Review, organize and disseminate market, consumer, and competition trends to the organization to inform the business strategic priorities. Identify and communicate to the business opportunities and threats derived from trends.
- Work with various business partners / sources (ex. NielsenIQ, IGD) to ensure proper understanding of key market, consumer, and competition trends.
- Actively participate in the annual strategic planning process by providing relevant insights to the organization.
- Oversee and deliver clear presentations (written and verbal) that summarize highlights of primary research, performance analysis, customer experience metrics and competitive intelligence to senior audiences. Ensure the quality and relevance of recommendations made during presentations.
- Oversee and ensure the quality and strategic alignment of primary research projects. Determine the right methodology to achieve the objectives defined by the internal clients.
- In collaboration with external partners, present key research findings to the internal stakeholders.
- Work with business partners (ex: NielsenIQ, Environics) to understand and manage on-going business performance and competitive tracking. Make recommendations based on insights.
- Assess business performance of marketing and merchandising initiatives, activations, and sponsorships.
- Support the optimization of advertising, marketing, communication plans and execution through primary and secondary market research.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
In collaboration with the Quebec Research and Planning Manager :
- Supervise the development and execution on the annual customer engagement plan to maximize participation in the customer satisfaction survey (all banners).
- Define annual engagement and communication plans to maximize the use of the customer satisfaction platform and reports by various internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Director, define the annual Research and Planning work plan in support of the Ontario food banners and manage the corresponding budget.
- In collaboration with the Director and the Quebec Research and Planning managers, develop and grow a strong business partners network. Identify new methodologies and/or partners to meet the research needs of the organization.
- Actively participate in the professional growth of their employee(s).
- Ensure best practices sharing with the balance of team on a regular basis (ex: research findings, trends, tools, etc).
- Works closely with colleagues from the Research team located in Montreal and from the Consumer Intelligence team, of which the Research group is a part of.
- University Degree (BA with applied experience in market/consumer research)
- Master’s degree in market research or related discipline, an asset
- 7-10 years of experience in market research (experience in CPG, retail, grocery retail is an asset), especially in the Ontario market
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insight
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills: capable of communicating insights to all levels of the organization (both orally and in writing)
- Be a critical and creative thinker. Have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel required (occasionally)
- Bilingualism, an asset (English & French)
- Dedicated to providing quality work and service
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver in fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of independent judgement and initiative
- Problem solving skills
- People management skills