- Perform daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance procedures to maintain equipment, facility, heating/cooling systems, etc.
- Identify, resolve and communicate system/equipment breakdowns with assistance from a more senior technician
- Perform general maintenance including cleaning, emergency snow removal, lighting, and housekeeping
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area to ensure safety compliance
- Understanding of equipment, location and buidling layout
- Complete documentation such as maintenance logs,
- Collaborate with, and contribute to the Maintenance group
- Maintain, inspect, record and report all equipment including building, kitchen, laundry and medical
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of heating, gas and water systems to ensure systems meet and function as per standards set by the Ministry of Labour
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records including preventative maintenance of all equipment, water temperatures and emergency generator reports
- Inspect and eliminate any fire hazards which include inspection of fire alarm system daily and equipment and conducting monthly fire drills
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of all tools and equipment
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of all service equipment, building and grounds for the comfort of the residents, tenants, staff and visitors
- Ensure Belmont House grounds, drive entrances and building entrances are clear of snow and ice for the safety of residents, tenants, staff and visitors
- Keep abreast of JOHSC on-goings at Belmont House including following health and safety requirements at all time.
- Will be required to address any issues that compromise operation of services (including working extended or irregular hours from time to time if needed)
- Assist and coordinate maintenance work as required by outside contractors
- Provide preventative maintenance for all equipment to avoid breakdown or interruption of services
- Inform Maintenance Services Supervisor of any required preventative maintenance or unsafe equipment as required
- Ensure the building temperature during cooling and heating season is set at a comfortable level for residents, tenants, staff and visitor.
- All other duties as assigned by Maintenance Services Supervisor
- 2+ years of experience in Maintenance in building operations
- Strong mechanical skills and aptitude
- Knowledge of Preventive Maintenance concept
- Building Environment System Operator, Certificate 1 or Certified HVAC Technologist from a recognized institution required. Knowledge of evidence-based practices and, if there are none, prevailing practices relating to maintenance, as applicable
- A post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset; Health and safety certification; long-term care experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of preventative maintenance of equipment and building operations
- Able to operate the HVAC systems, maintain and trouble shoot
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design and machine shop practices.
- Maintenance staff may spend considerable time walking and standing and climbing ladders. Able to tolerate heights
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Evidence of working towards a qualified certificate or trade license would be an asset
- Available to work Every Tuesday and Thursday, some weekends and additional shifts as required
48.00 hours bi-weekly.
7am to 330pm
830am to 5pm
Opportunities to get more shifts
Some flexibility for shifts may be required for snow removal during the winter season
- Passionately Reliable
- Rapid Responsiveness
- Innovative Efficiency
- Detail Orientation
The successful candidate will be up to date with their current COVID vaccinations or is exempt on the basis of grounds enumerated in the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Bonus: 7.4% In Lieu
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.77 per hour
- Day shift
Work Location: In person