As industry leaders, VPC Group is Canada’s largest foam and fiber manufacturer. We have been a premier supplier to Canadian and US manufacturers for over 61 years. With an unmatched footprint from coast-to-coast, we provide world class products and service to partners throughout North America.
VPC Group Inc., is looking for Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright in Brampton, ON for full-time permanent position.
Night Shift: (Mon-Fri 11:00 pm – 7:00 am)
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Mechanic is responsible to repair, troubleshoot, modify and improve, install, commission and de-commission different plant equipment and building maintenance activities and support plant maintenance activities with an objective to reduce downtime and increase throughput. Position requires highly competence in Mechanical and automation troubleshooting and repairing, knowledge and understanding of foam and fibre processing equipment.
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations, especially those related to safety
- Ensure all work is being done with your safety, and the safety of all our employees in mind.
- Make sure to be “safety” certified to do proposed work ex confined space, working on heights etc.
- Able to complete an assigned task / project from start to finish successfully.
- Responsible to identify the problems / troubleshooting and eliminate root cause to reduce downtime, increase throughput and sustainability.
- Responsible to perform assigned Preventive Maintenance and resolve issues.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Work with different contractors, vendors / suppliers to complete the task / project.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices/ circuits in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricate/ repair parts by using machine shop and welding instrumentation and equipment.Perform mechanical repairs implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work requirements.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and participate in discussions to resolve the issues.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Certified Millwright License Preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in Foam Manufacturing (pour line) & Foam Fabrication.
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing system (CIM).
- Experience working with PLC and VFD Programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Process automation, Preference in Foam manufacturing (pour line) / Foam Fabrication environment is preferred.
- Able to work in different shifts and weekends as and when required to complete project/ Task.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical theories and principles
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-technical team members in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of Canadian electrical and safety standards.
- Experience and licensed/ trained in forklift and scissor lift.
- Able to work in confined space with proper training.
- Work experience with fire alarms preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in written.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management skills and able to work independently.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and follow company policies and procedures
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to physically implement designs
- Overtime as required.
- May be exposed to construction sites
- Weekend and shift work is required
- Air conditioned facility
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-03-13
Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright job details loaded
- VPC Group Inc.