DCL International Inc. – Protecting our planet with advanced technologies!
Located in Concord, Ontario, DCL International Inc. (www.dcl-inc.com) is a well-established and fast-growing family business and is currently hiring full time for a Maintenance Electrician. DCL designs, manufactures and sells advanced engineering technologies worldwide to reduce emissions and to produce clean energy.
Would you like to be a part of a team of global leaders in clean air technology? Then DCL is right for you!
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Update and log electrical changes.
- Execute minor mechanical repairs.
- Maintain needed spares and purchase material in the most cost- effective manner.
- Coordinate with all plant services ad contractors as required.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Daily report using a computerized system.
- Technical school training and has completed at least the Apprenticeship Program. Experienced is still preferred.
- Licensed Electrician (309A and/or442A)
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Siemens PLC’s using SLC 500 and Control Logics.
- Ability to take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done.
- Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, debug & repair industrial electrical
- equipment, electrical controls.
- Maintain and install any electrical work required to plants and office buildings.
- Ability to interact with production staff to co-ordinate repairs to their
- equipment and discuss work orders with Supervisors.
- Ability to take measurements using high voltage testing equipment. Use formulas from the Electrical Code to determine sizes of cables needed when sizes of motors and the lengths of cable runs are known.
- Ability to work independently, however, work also as part of a team that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
- We are a proud Canadian company, and we care about our shared environment.
- We provide a safe and clean work environment.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits.
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition.
- We recognize employees for their achievements through our Innovative Award program.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Have you completed Technical school training or completed at least a Apprenticeship Program?
- Are you a Licensed Electrician (309A and/or442A)?
- Do you have working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Siemens PLC’s using SLC 500 and Control Logics?