About Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the engineering, design, and manufacturing of advanced arc welding solutions, automated joining, assembly and cutting systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment, and has a leading global position in brazing and soldering alloys. Lincoln is recognized as the Welding Expert™ for its leading material science, software development, automation engineering, and application expertise, which advance customers’ fabrication capabilities to help them build a better world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices serving customers in over 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website at https://www.lincolnelectric.com.
· Report directly to the Maintenance Manager and Team Leader in the Maintenance Department
· To operate Milling machine, manual lathe , drill press and other machine shop equipment, including CNC equipment
· To perform a variety of skilled functions utilizing welding, fabrication, troubleshooting, and demonstrate a solid mechanical aptitude
· To read and interprets blueprints.
· To use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
· To properly and safely select, align, secure and remove holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
· To recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling
· To perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
· To evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
· To prevent equipment failure through analysis, parts replacement and care of machinery by means of an approved maintenance program
· To manufacture pieces of equipment and machine parts from blueprints and/or broken parts
· To immediately notify the Maintenance Manager and shift Supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any questions regarding safety procedures
· To continually meet company housekeeping and safety requirements, to identify and report any safety hazards within the plant, meet all WHMIS objectives and standards ensuring that all safety procedures are met
· Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
· 5 years of previous experience as a Machinist
· Experience operating a Manual Lathe is a must
· Haas CNC and Millwright experience is an asset
· Certification in Machining
· Millwright license an asset
· Experience in a high speed manufacturing environment is a key asset
· Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot
· Tools and Equipment: Blueprints, Small Tools, Drill Press, SAW, Milling Machine, Lathe, CNC equipment.
Please note: Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds.
Lincoln Electric Company of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Please consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available at https://ch-delivery.lincolnelectric.com/api/public/content/85d41874bb474b88a3732c72d9ee6f4f?v=73bc1e90.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person