As industry leaders, VPC Group is Canada’s largest foam and fiber manufacturer. We have been a premier supplier to Canadian and US manufacturers for over 61 years. With an unmatched footprint from coast-to-coast, we provide world class products and service to partners throughout North America.
Fybon Nonwovens, a division of VPC Group Inc., is looking for a Machine Operator in Brampton, ON for afternoon shift (Mon-Fri — > 3:30 pm – 11:30 pm)
- Maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and/or adjust equipment and technology to maximize performance, as well as input measurements into computer systems
- Handle and feed a variety of raw materials into machinery and equipment in an effort to maintain production
- Ensure the safe operations of our equipment and the safety of our people
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Perform general housekeeping duties in an effort to support safety and quality standards
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and repetitive tasks
- At least 1-2 years in a similar role required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, including experience working with tools and/or equipment
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member
Don’t miss this great opportunity and apply today!
- Starting wage of $18/hour
- Employee Staying Bonus of $1750 on your 1st year of continuous service
- Permanent role. Afternoon Shift, Monday to Friday 3:30 pm to 11:30 pm
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits after 3 months
- Free parking
The company is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
The company thanks all those who apply but only those whose background closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you reside in Brampton?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place