AKER – Lead Cake Decorator NOC 6332
446 Summerhill Avenue, Toronto ON M4W 2E4
Summerhill Market Bakery produces all scratch batters, frostings, cakes, tarts, pies and cookies. The Baker
– Lead Cake Decorator is required to following specific recipes, accurately measure out the frostings, butter creams and icings to finish the product.
The Baker/Cake Decorator works closely with the Pastry Chef (Mario Totaro) to plan out daily and weekly production requirements and ensure all ingredients are on hand and available for finishing.
They coordinate their production together with the Mixers and Bakers, and also work together with all
members of the bakery production team, to ensure that what is needed is produced and ready in a timely manner to ensure the even flow of production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow recipes provided by the Pastry Chef as well as following specific production schedules+
- Computer Skills – Working Knowledge of OneDrive, Excel and Word
- Work together with the Pastry Chef to ensure ingredients are ordered on time
- Ensuring that all ingredients and prep is ready and on hand to meet their production requirements.
- Calculating and formulating the base recipes to the volume of production that is required.
- Portioning batters and doughs into specified volumes prior to baking
- Assembling and finishing cakes, cupcakes, tarts and specialty pies according to the finishes that are set to recipes and yielding requirements
- Staff scheduling for the Assistant Cake Decorator and coordinating their daily production lists
- Communication is key to co-ordinating through all channels of production
- Working with the Pastry Chef to develop new products; from the concept to the recipe development,
assembly, finishing and yielding
- Proper use of equipment such as mixers, sheeter, pie press, oven and stove top
- Unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, freezers and dry good areas
- Ensure safety hazards are removed and/or reported
- Maintaining a clean work environment at all times, and proper sanitizing
- Full understanding of workplace safety as well as food safety, storage and handling
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Wage/Salary: $14 – $15 per hour
Benefits: Available with Employment
Experience: 2 years less than 3
Decorating Experience: 2 years
Education: College Diploma
**The Summerhill Market is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Aboriginal people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, new Canadians and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community and women.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Cake Decorating: 1 year (Required)
- Large Scale Proudction: 1 year (Required)