UPE JOB POSTING #872130
Position: LAUNDRY SORTER/WASHER
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Reports To: MANAGER, LAUNDRY
Scale/Grade: Level 53
Wage Schedule: $23.20 – $23.88 per hour (Start rate: $23.20 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week; MON-FRI 2pm – 10pm
Status: Permanent Full-Time
As an integral member of the Laundry & Linen Department, the duties of the LAUNDRY SORTER/WASHER include: collecting, sorting, washing, drying and folding soiled linen and laundry items received/recovered from different areas of the hospital; sorting and issuing scrubs, staff uniforms and lab coats; processing linen inventory requests from nursing units; performing filing and documentation duties related to laundry requests and for occupational health reasons; performing inventory and stocking duties of linen, detergents and chemicals; performing general machine maintenance responsibilities; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required, including, assisting with staff orientation, etc.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- 3 months to less than 6 months practical and related experience and/or less than 1 month on the job training
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to withstand long periods of heat
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: able to lift 11 kg to 20 kg
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: February 25, 2021 CLOSING DATE: March 04, 2021 BY 3:00PM
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.