Position Title: Labour Relations Manager
Requisition ID: 2401
Career Group (ADSP): Administrative
Division: Nat – Ressources humaines (80069754)
Department: Human Resources
Work Location: METRO ON – 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Permanent
As part of the Ontario Labour Relations team this role will provide support to Metro and Food Basics Stores and Distribution Centres on daily Labour Relations matters. The incumbent will support collective bargaining through research, mandate preparation, costing, document development and the bargaining process. Support HR and Operations in grievance administration by providing training and education on collective agreements and the handling of employee issues.
- Acts as an integral member of the bargaining committee, including researching and costing proposals and preparing and/or reviewing drafts of collective agreement language. Ensures that negotiations are properly documented.
- Prepares and compiles collective agreements and letters of understanding. Educates management on negotiated contract changes and assists with implementation where required.
- Provides advice and information to management on the interpretation and application of the collective agreement and on workplace legislation and policies.
- Provides guidance to management on the appropriateness of disciplinary and non-disciplinary actions.
- Supports the grievance handling process, ensuring compliance with the collective agreement and Company policy. Conducts grievance investigations and monitors grievance activity to identify underlying issues.
- Administration of the arbitration process.
- Perform routine updates as required under the collective agreements and communicate with the union and management stakeholders.
- Analyzes data, conducts research, and prepares reports on a variety of labour relations and legislative issues.
- Post secondary degree (MIR would be an asset)
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace legislation
- Knowledge of grievance and arbitration processes.
- Experience in workplace investigations
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Package, including: Outlook, Word and Power Point.
- Advance computer skills in Excel.
- Some travel required.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.