Torch Pressed Sushi is proud to bring Aburi Pressed Sushi to the public. Our vision starts and ends with great food, great service, and great atmosphere. Our core values revolve around quality, community, and a commitment to excellence.
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic our takeout business volume has increased. We will provide all necessary safety precautions to workers including but not limited to: gloves, face masks, regular sanitary conditions.
We are hiring a kitchen helper to perform prep work in the kitchen. You will be responsible for maintaining the high level of quality Torch customers expect when they walk through our doors. Previous culinary industry is an asset but we are willing to train and teach you everything you need to know. You will be the backbone of Torch who supports the entire operation. Opportunity for advancement within the business is also possible depending on attitude and performance.
Job Description: Kitchen Staff
Objective: Responsible for preparing ingredients for the restaurant and cleaning/maintaining kitchen. You will also maintain inventory, cook on the line when needed, and assist other stations if necessary.
- Prepare food in real time for customers
- Prepare a variety of different ingredients including fish, seafood, and vegetables
- Monitor prep levels and refill inventory
- Promptly fix or report equipment or food quality problems
- Clean dishes and equipment when needed
- Clean and maintain kitchen
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager
- We are looking for an individual with a passion to succeed and a positive attitude who is willing to learn
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with a desire to execute with excellence
- No past experience required but candidates with serving or culinary experience are preferred
- Punctual and responsible for assigned duties
If this looks like the job for you, we look forward to talking!
Locations are 507 Church Street and 6026 Yonge Street.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
We are providing PPE (gloves, masks, and sanitizers) for all workers.
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)