Canadian company specializing in industrial automation for the construction industry since 1989, with customer sites across Canada, USA and the Caribbean. Friendly working environment.
LOCATION: Mississauga, near Dundas St. and Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Prepare, wire, install and support both our plant control systems and truck dispatch systems, hardware and software.
- Train users on-site and remotely to take advantage of our software.
- Troubleshoot and solve plant, computer and software issues either by remote support calls from our office, or on-site visits.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Coordinate within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Test new software and hardware, troubleshoot issues and propose solutions.
- College diploma or technological degree in an Engineering related field.
- 2+ years of proven working experience in an applicable field.
- Must be fluent in ENGLISH. SPANISH is an asset.
- Strong practical knowledge of electrical and control circuits, computers and Windows.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment, working individually and in a team, with a positive attitude and a passion for quality.
- Must be able to travel throughout North America by air or car, keep a passport and driver’s license in good standing and own a vehicle in good working order.
Office hours: 8-4 or 9-5 Monday to Friday. Weekend work is sometimes required, as well as after hours on-call support duty on a weekly rotation. Installation trips are usually 3-5 days long, some during weekends. Approximately 20% travelling time is expected, depending on seasonal demand.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary according to individual capability. Allowances for travel, car expenses. Premiums for on-call shifts and overtime after completing initial training.
Life & Long-Term Disability insurance, Prescription Plan.
Reference ID: Junior Technician
Expected Start Date: 2020-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
Support team is 4 people. Half of the team is working from home, alternating with the other half weekly.
Office allows ample distancing between desks and in common areas.
At the moment we only go on-site if the work cannot be done remotely.