Atlantic Packaging is a unique company to join and a great place to work. You’re giving yourself an excellent opportunity to develop a dynamic career in a friendly working environment where we value your contribution, believe in your potential and are committed to your development.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Corporate office at Scarborough.
The job role of a Junior Accountant includes tracking and managing financial data, entering financial transactions into various databases, notifying upper management of any accounting errors, and organizing financial reports.
- Processing transaction records including, not limit to, Accounts payable, accounts receivable, Bills and invoices
- Prepare HST, Corporation tax filing and other government remittance form
- Prepare simply bank reconciliation and financial statements
- Prepare investments write up
- Reconcile the GL accounts
- Fact-checking accounting information
- Recording all transactions
- Disseminating reports to staff
- Balancing subsidiary accounts to reconcile accounts
- Ensuring all financial actions comply with local legal requirements
- Preparing financial reports by analyzing, collecting, and condensing account trends and information
- Using a system to account for the financial transactions made by the company to establish a chart of accounts
- Sage 50
- Sage 300 (preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience as a junior accountant
- Great interpersonal skills that enable the junior accountant to clearly and effectively communicate with other employees
- The ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines
- The ability to communicate complex financial data with other members
- Good data entry skills
- Familiarity with the general principles of accounting
- A strong understanding of math and numbers
- The ability to use various financial transactions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
Customer Focus – Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and audits customer satisfaction with products or services.
Decision Quality – Gathers enough information to allow a pragmatic assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process. Communicates the impact and implications of decisions. Completes the appropriate level of due diligence required to make a quick, accurate decision.
Drive for Results – Achieves results within established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Leadership – The expectation of leadership is not reserved solely for only those who are in positions of authority, but from all employees. They demonstrate high integrity and are motivated by wanting to make a real difference to people by delivering a high-quality service for their customer and the organization. In positions of authority they: invest in development for the right people and identify and develop future leaders, and coach and provide candid feedback to others. They are visible and they model behaviors, competencies and values expected and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
Teamwork – Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Ensures the right stakeholders are informed and involved where necessary. Is ready to “roll up their sleeves” as necessary.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviors even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca