Reporting to the Accounting Manager – Finance Group, this position is responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts, analysis of expense and balance sheet accounts, recommending accruals and adjustments as needed.
- Perform accounting functions for financial segment of business including assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly financial and management reports
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations and analysis, such as legal expenses, accrued liabilities
- Monitoring of various expense accounts to ensure the accounts are accurate and conform to ASPE
- Process invoices for payment as scheduled for all companies, including rent, property tax invoices
- Prepare invoices for all Non-Trade Transactions on a daily/weekly basis
- Prepare Petty cash and expense reports
- Prepare monthly entries for related parties transactions
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting packages and analysis of data
- Assist with the preparation of year end audit working papers
- Assist with creation of annual budget for various Head Office expenses
- Assist on special projects/tasks as required
- Perform other tasks or jobs as required
- Preferred to have CPA, CA, CMA, CGA accounting designation or working towards
- 1-3 years of progressive experience, preference will be given to candidates with manufacturing experience
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and use sound judgment
- Strategic level thinker with an ability to analyze numbers in terms of their impact on the big picture
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a non-structured changing environment
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-changing, and entrepreneurial environment with evolving systems and procedures
Exceptional Customer Experiences… always – At Atlantic, we firmly believe that our business is built to serve our customers. Every team and every department work in sync to deliver an unforgettable experience for the customer. We want our customers to associate the word “Atlantic” with “Satisfaction” and “Quality”, which is what we aim to CONSISTENTLY deliver in EVERY interaction. We are passionate about our customer’s success. Exceptional customer service is what drives Atlantic forward allowing our customers to focus on their business outside the box! We expect all employees to think of the customer first.
Work as One Team – While the company is divided into various departments, at the core of it, we work as one team to drive the business forward. As challenges arise, we expect all team members to step outside their functional silos and work as ONE Atlantic team to solve those challenges. We believe in a passionate and professional exchange of ideas without losing focus on the challenges at hand. We believe that decisions should be focused on what is best for the company, not any particular team or function.
Our people are our Family – At Atlantic, we genuinely believe that our team members are part of the Atlantic Family, and we want to provide employees with the opportunity to have long successful careers at Atlantic. We are deeply proud of the long tenure of several of our employees. In order to ensure employees, have an opportunity to have long careers with us, Atlantic works tirelessly to ensure that the workplace is a safe and accepting environment for all team members. A genuine care for the well-being of all employees has been at the heart of the company since its founding.
Your word is your Bond – Atlantic believes in uncompromising trust with its customers, vendors, and employees. What we promise, we deliver. As a team, we never shy away from the tough conversations, while also doing everything in our power to meet any commitment we made.
Environmental Leadership – Sustainability is at the core of our business. We believe we are the environmental leader in our industry and will consistently make decisions to “do the right thing” every day.
Think and Act like an owner – Thinks and cares about the organization like an owner. Commits to and upholds organizational values, and core behaviours even under difficult circumstances. Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to facilitate the success of the organization. Takes appropriate risks, holds oneself and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and openly raises a challenge even if others don’t.
Atlantic Packaging is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where all colleagues and customers feel valued and supported. We are committed to developing our team to reflect the diversity of our communities in which we live and work and seek applicants with a wide range of abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact HR@atlantic.ca