Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career
Flynn Group of Companies, North America’s leading building envelope contractor is looking for an IT Training and Development Specialist to work from our Mississauga location.
Imagine a career where your creativity and training skills can fuel BIG innovations. Where your work will have an impact on the productivity of your client’s day-to-day lives.
In this role you will meet new people every week and be one of the first to greet and train new employees as they are onboarded. You will learn multiple business systems and processes, and help new employees settle into their roles by providing personalized, hands-on training. Development of quick reference materials and development learning paths to further guide new and current employees will be essential to keeping our employees up to date on existing and new applications, features and tools within the organization. You’ll also be the primary point of all IT communications and delivering these in the most effective method so that our Flynn community can understand the impacts of the changes being communicated to them.
- Role Overview
- This role is shared between IT and Learning & Development, we’re looking for someone to develop and deliver training on our Enterprise Applications along with custom web and mobile applications that are built in-house.
- Development and training projects will typically be implementation of new software, enhancements for existing ERP and custom software, onboarding of new entities resulting from M&A activity and rolling out infrastructure solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization will be key to success in this role.
- A Day in the Life
- Design and develop creative and interactive learning content through videos, presentations, animations, and interactive eLearning.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to understand content and update existing training resources.
- Project manage learning initiatives by defining plans, adhering to timelines, and facilitating implementation.
- Conducts training needs analysis; determines training objectives and methods of instruction; develops course outlines; consults with subject-matter experts to design training; prepares lesson plans, visual aids, and handouts for use in instruction.
- Ensure consistent communication of training initiatives throughout our Canadian and US operations.
- Participate in the assessment and planning of new Information and Technology projects, to help determine priorities and support change management.
- Provide training and development advice to stakeholders on challenges, performance gaps and solutions.
- Work together with Learning and Development team and key stakeholders to create training and learning activities.
- Work with teams across IT to create training content supporting systems and process updates.
- About You
- Be passionate about delighting our customers.
- Ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Outstanding communication skills. You know how to speak to stakeholders, end-users, and team members of all levels (technical/non-technical).
- The written materials you produce are equally impressive and effective.
- Excellent organization, time management, and task management skills
- Ability to collect, organize, maintain, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information and translate these into concise, informative, and easily digestible training content.
- Skilled at creating instructional materials (software tutorials, user guides, job aids, etc.) that transform technical information into engaging instruction.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to forge strong partnerships with business partners and internal customers.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Minimum three years of experience designing, developing, and delivering learning programs.
- Advanced working knowledge of Camtasia, Articulate, or other eLearning authoring tools.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems.
- Technologically savvy and able to pick up new products and processes with ease.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional team player with a strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) is an asset.
- What We Offer
- Work in a beautiful building
- Great perks and benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Excellent on-site cafeteria and gym
- Free Parking
- Free tea and coffee