Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: IT
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
On Call: Yes
Location: This position can be based out of any of our offices in Nova Scotia or Ontario. Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, this position is temporarily remote but does require on-site attendance periodically when required.
The Systems Administrator IT maintains and enhances all network infrastructures at VON. This includes overseeing all servers, email platforms, Master Data Management (MDMs), firewalls, switches, and other equipment\systems.
- Maintains the network infrastructure including all servers, firewalls, switches and other equipment.
- Upgrades network components as newer technology becomes available.
- Backup servers and restore data when required.
- Updates Cisco ASA firewalls and Switch configurations as needed.
- Oversees Antivirus protection for all computers and servers.
- Manages Microsoft Exchange servers with advanced server configurations.
- Assists with mailbox administration and migrations across separate environments.
- Supports Windows 2012 / 2016 Servers in a Hyper-V clustered environment.
- Manages user access, privileges and security.
- Oversees patch management process for all servers and workstations.
- Supports, maintains and administers third party applications and devices.
- Supports MDM applications such as Airwatch and has an understanding of other industry-standard MDM platforms.
- Responds to any server issues including Mailbox server failover and cluster management.
- Administrates and evaluates anti-spam and anti-virus products.
- Works as a technical resource on assigned projects.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in information technology field as a Systems Administrator.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 / 2016 experience.
- Experience with Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016.
- Experience with Active directory administration.
- Experience with Veeam backup software.
- Experience with Bitdefender Gravity Zone antivirus application.
- Cisco ASA firewall administration (CCNA or CCIE).
- Detailed knowledge of MTA, DNS and SMTP Protocols.
- Certification or training for AirWatch MDM platforms.
- Basic understanding of ISP whitelisting, feedback loops, greylist compliance and preventing blacklisting.
- Familiarity with Exchange APIs.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Certification MCITP an asset.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours as needed for migrations, system upgrades and other activities where required.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
About us: VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal, and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility