FormHero is a successful and growing SaaS platform that strives to offer the best possible user experience in digital data collection, backed by our industry-leading graphical form design and creation tools. Our product enables enterprises to build powerful, secure and fully-accessible Smart Forms in a user-friendly, no-code or very-low-code environment, that integrates seamlessly with existing business processes (both digital and paper-based) via dynamic functionality such as robust API integration and fully-customizable PDF document output.
Our solutions are used across many industries, including banks, insurance companies, retail chains and government agencies to improve their customer experience and engagement. And we’re just getting started!
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, we are adding an IT Specialist to our team. This is an opportunity to build and maintain our computer systems, networks and to optimize the role technology plays on business sustainability.
If you have ever wanted to develop methodologies and systems autonomously, with the opportunity to grow within a product-led organization, then this is your chance. We are looking for someone who has thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems to support organizational growth.
Our new IT Specialist will:
- Manage. This is an opportunity to manage our MDM platform (Mosyle), user management (G Suite), password management (LastPass), Endpoint management Sophos.
- Maintain. You will set up workstations with laptops and necessary peripheral devices (Apple products) and check computer hardware such as monitors, mouses and keyboards to ensure functionality. From there, you will maintain a list of hardware and computer equipment while keeping track of shortages and placing orders.
- Organize & Schedule. You will organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance, including sending laptops in for repair – this includes the ability to travel occasionally to do so.
- Install & Configure. You will install, configure and maintain appropriate applications and functions according to specifications and security requirements.
- Onboard. This is an opportunity to onboard new employees and provide continuous support on how to operate software and equipment as needed.
- Ensure security. You will ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
What are we looking for?
- The experience.
- 1-2 years hands-on experience as an IT Specialist or relevant position;
- You have insights and opinions on the best tools, approaches and techniques to implement;
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues and working with both technical and non-technical teams and customers.
- The technical skills. You have experience and understand:
- MDM platforms such as Mosyle and Sophos;
- Cloud user management such as G Suite and AWS Cognito;
- Various operating systems. While we mainly use MacOS it would be beneficial to have an understanding of Linux and Microsoft Windows;
- Internet security and data privacy principles;
- JIRA Management – this experience would be advantageous.
- The communication skills. You can effectively translate technical to non-technical. You have outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- The desire to learn and curiosity. You can quickly adopt new technologies and respond to change by adapting. You are interested in expanding your skills in IT within a rapidly growing startup. You are curious and want to know how things work, and you love making sure solutions you propose work effectively and efficiently.
What’s in it for you?
Growth. We are passionate about our people. As FormHero grows, we want you to be a part of that journey, supporting professional development and career growth opportunities. As we build out our Technical Operations team, you will be a key player in evaluating new systems, enforcing policies and other security-related processes.
Collaborative Culture. We are a team of decent, smart and thoughtful human beings that genuinely want to do good and support one another. FormHero is going through a big and pivotal transformation, and we know great ideas come from people that are open to trying new things, people that are willing to fail and people who put their best efforts in their work. FormHero prides itself in its diversity, your voice matters and we want to hear it!
Impact. We are always iterating and continuously optimizing our product and improving processes. This is an opportunity to work with a product that changes the way organizations think about collecting data. As an IT Specialist, you will bring your level of expertise to provide impactful insights and implement best tools and practices.
Why should you join us?
FormHero is a rapidly scaling company, expanding our platform that serves core business needs for some of Canada’s largest companies.
Some reasons why you might enjoy working with us:
- Join a team of bright, humble and diverse individuals who come from different backgrounds and walks of life to build exceptional products together.
- Make an impact at an organization with big clients and big plans. It’s a chance to make meaningful contributions and expand your career at a growing company.
- Enjoy our Lunch & Learns, Friday Socials, team building events and lively Slack groups and get to know your teammates both as coworkers as well as individuals.
- Be supported by a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for you and your family, EAP program and parental leave top-up and more.
- Find work-life balance with flexible working hours, paid vacation and flex days;
- Enjoy working from the comfort of your home and create an ergonomic, productive and fulfilling home office, as we transition from our downtown Toronto office to remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic. A generous budget for essential equipment will be offered during on-boarding to set you up for success!
- Benefits/perks listed above may change over time as the company grows and evolves.
We are at an exciting point in our growth where we are beginning to expand to an international clientele. We’re a company with traction and we’re planning to expand broadly. We are already working with some of the largest companies in Canada and we have gained recognition for putting the end user customer experience first.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all? If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile. You can also follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn to learn more about us.
FormHero is a diverse employer, we are always excited to have different types of people join our team and add to our culture in new ways. Please feel free to identify your preferred pronouns (if you want to) when applying.