IT Service Desk Team Leader
Combined Metal Industries
Steeles/Weston Road – Moving to Vaughan – Keele/Langstaff in September
Competitive Salary based upon experience
Did you know that 34,000+ Canadians are directly employed in the recycling industry? Interested in becoming part of Canada’s workforce that’s shaping our environment?
HERES WHAT WE DO…
As one of the fastest growing metal recycling and management organizations across North America, Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all metals that enter our yards will create something new again! We have multiple sites, located in North York, Vaughan and Cambridge.
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN!
We are looking for a candidate that possessgeneral awesomeness. Highly acute awesomeness is also acceptable, but only if it relates to the position. In this role you will supervise and coordinate all activities of the IT Help Desk Service Team regarding the intake, triage and resolution of incidents and requests. You will ensure end users receive timely and quality support to optimize use of business systems and provide technical, subject matter expertise, and internal customer support.
SOUND GOOD SO FAR? HERES WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE…
· Oversee all incidents and requests and assign tasks to the team members
· Monitor progress of requests and communication with customer
· Monitor quality of resolutions
· Provide escalated technical support for on site and remote users
· Troubleshoot issues with Windows OS, iOS, and Android
· Provide software support including MS Office 365, Windows 10, browser-based applications, and miscellaneous software.
· Provide hardware support for laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices
· Provide support for phone systems and devices, both on-site and cloud based
· Coordinate and/or performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
· Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases, oversee warranties and service agreements
· Establish and implement service level standards in collaboration with Department Managers
· Develop and implement procedures to ensure consistent levels of service
· Monitor the team’s conformance with the service level standards
· Develop, implement and report on KPIs.
· Develop, monitor and use metrics to manage KPIs and make recommendations for improved service
· Participate in on-call rotation support.
· Assist with the planning of CMI’s IT and Systems future.
· Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to CMI
· Assist with IT projects
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
· Post secondary education in Information Technology or combination of equivalent applicable experience and certificates
· 4 – 5 years experience in a service level support position with 1 – 2 years in a leadership position
· Proven track record in developing and leading a team in meeting service level objectives and helpdesk deliverables
· Experience supporting both onsite and remote users
· Experience with ticketing systems
· Strong MS Office and Windows Domain environment admin skills
· Experience providing technical support in an enterprise environment, consisting of Windows desktops, laptops, and iOS and Android devices
· Experience supporting cloud-based Exchange through O365
· Active Directory knowledge
· Experience imaging/deploying and managing desktops, laptops & mobile devices
· Knowledge of networking, server and telecom technologies
· ITIL Foundation certificate
· Microsoft certification e.g. MCSA; ACMT or equivalent certification is an additional asset
· Strong troubleshooting, investigative and problem-solving skills
· Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
· Customer service oriented, ability to interact and communicate diplomatically and professionally with, customers and internal colleagues
A FEW THINGS ABOUT US……
We want to provide you with the best including:
· A competitive salary including excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
· A great team to learn from and unlock career growth progression
· A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts
· A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability.
Already picturing yourself in this role? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
To learn more about us visitwww.combinedmetal.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CMI and keep up to date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- IT Support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)