Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: IT/IS
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
Location: This position can be based in our Toronto, Ottawa, or London ON, locations or Halifax NS
The IT Project Manager manages all aspects of one or more projects concurrently from initiation through closure. Develops and implements comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creation of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements and ensuring successful transition to support and maintenance teams. Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to contain and/or mitigate risk. Identifies critical path decisions, makes recommendations and influences program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback. Manages daily activities, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, as-requested by customer Criteria & Qualifications.
- Provides direction and leadership to a team of professionals to ensure that projects are delivered both on-time and on-budget.
- Identifies and resolves bottlenecks in execution and delivery and escalate issues for early resolution.
- Establishes executive communications and reporting of the project, including development of status dashboards.
- Develops project documentations, including a Project Charter, Plan, SOWs, Status Reports, Budget and Risk Register.
- Provides project management services for the provision of ICT services in support and delivery of Information Systems (IS) and IT projects.
- Identify ICT requirements, risks and mitigating strategies associated with IS and IT projects.
- Works with stakeholders to obtain and document ICT requirements and proposed solutions.
- Leads 3rd party application developers to deliver custom applications required by VON to meet business needs
- Holds meetings with reporting staff in order to set goals, plan objectives and ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensures projects are delivered using PMI standards integrated with LEAN principles.
- Schedules & conducts ICT project meetings and teleconferences, including assignment of tasks to other cross functional team members.
- Provides regular written and oral status project plan updates to team members, stakeholders and VON management, ensuring project milestones are met.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) year University Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent.
- Professional Project Management designation/certification required.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience in a project management role to lead ICT based initiatives.
- 3+ years experience with Waterfall & Agile application development methodologies. Experienced with two or more core infrastructure technologies (compute, network, database, etc.) – Demonstrated project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
- Solid analytical problem-solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Ability to work well with cross-organizational teams, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities & manage time effectively
- Adept at negotiation and facilitation.
- Competent in relationship building and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently and competently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities essential.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.