We are looking for an IT and IS Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our IT/IS systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. You will analyze our current systems and assets, recommend, and implement solutions and upgrades.
The successful candidate will have proven professional experience, and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and or Computer Science
- 10 – 15 years of experience working in IT and IS Management
- PMP Certification
- Experience with virtualization, strategy, data security, IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of programming languages (C#) and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows based systems)
- Experience leading and managing IT and IS projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
· Analyze the organization’s IT and software needs and recommend possible upgrades for business executives to consider.
· Plan and direct the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
· Ensure the security of an organization’s network and electronic documents. Disaster recovery planning and business continuity.
· Assess the costs and benefits of new projects and justify funding on projects to business executives.
· Stay up to date with technology advancements and look for ways to upgrade organization’s computer systems.
· Determine short- and long-term personnel needs for the department.
· Plan and direct the work of other IT professionals, including but not limited to system administrators.
· Prioritize projects and initiatives based on company needs.
· Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for the organization’s technology.
· Define IT and IS strategy and direction as well as manage IT and IS projects
· Health Care / Dental / Vision
· RRSP match 3% after 1 year with VDG
· Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time
Van der Graaf is the leading Manufacturer of drum motors for over 30 years in the US and Canada. We are internationally recognized manufacturer of high precision, heavy duty and efficient power transmission equipment for the conveyor industry with modern manufacturing plants in United States, Canada and Europe.
The unique drum motor is a one component conveyor drive which houses all parts internally, eliminating the need for external components like motor, gearbox, sprockets, chain, chain guard and pillow block bearings. The drum motor offers a versatile, less complex, and more efficient way to power your belt conveyor.
We provide reliable solutions through innovation, precision manufacturing processes and after sale service.
Our vision continues to be to design a superior product to meet customer needs in a changing marketplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care