About Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the engineering, design, and manufacturing of advanced arc welding solutions, automated joining, assembly and cutting systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment, and has a leading global position in brazing and soldering alloys. Lincoln is recognized as the Welding Expert™ for its leading material science, software development, automation engineering, and application expertise, which advance customers’ fabrication capabilities to help them build a better world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices serving customers in over 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website at https://www.lincolnelectric.com.
· To report directly to the Production Control Manager – Machine Division on an ongoing basis and communicate all relevant matters pertaining to the business unit within the company. As well as, to communicate effectively with the Plant Manager and Managing Director with respect to clarity of direction, approval for decisions and execution of all responsibilities.
· Develop a plan for all materials required to meet production schedules and release the purchase requisitions. Follow up to ensure delivery of materials.
· Release STO for PFM Parts (Cleveland Mfg.) and responsible for all STR’s/PR’s that relate to machine raw material inventory items needed to support the production plan.
· Work with floor Supervisor to ensure that subassembly items are being made according to the production schedule and plan
· Responsible for ordering all raw materials parts, labels and equipment necessary to ensure ongoing manufacturing activities within the plant (Machine Division Products) as well as continually support production through the troubleshooting, expediting and sourcing solutions.
· Liaise with suppliers to expedite products to meet production schedule.
· To liaise directly with the Purchasing Department regarding parts and raw materials, as well as, collaborating with Line Managers and company staff at all levels in an advisory capacity on matters pertaining to materials management and inventory (communicate scheduling priorities, adjustments and troubleshoot problems related to scheduling and materials).
· Responsible for ongoing cycle counts and the coordination of year end physical inventory counts.
· Correct any discrepancies in SAP inventory on a timely basis.
· To arrange for disposition of all scrap and obsolete materials upon consultation with manager.
· To process ongoing reports with respect to inventory, production levels, sales, inventories, as well as, trends within categories (analysis).
· To issue piecework and production tickets to support production schedule.
· Analyze BOM’s and Routings to ensure accuracy and report discrepancies to the Engineering Department for correction.
· To provide the customer service department with information pertaining to delivery of FG machines and parts.
· To prepare and conduct analysis of various reports (as requested).
· To participate co-operatively as an employee within the company Performance Appraisal Process and Merit Rating System.
· To actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meetings on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within the department, as well as other departments across the company.
· To continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
· To fully abide and actively support Lincoln Electric’s Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures with respect to protecting the environment, the conservation of nature resources and the Health & Safety of all employees.
· To conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by the Operations Manager – Machine Division in a timely and professional manner.
Minimum Education Requirement:
University Degree – 3 Year Program (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience & Training Requirement:
5 years’ experience in a Planning and Inventory Management role within a manufacturing environment
SAP experience preferred 2+ years,
Advanced Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Office
· Various other software packages
If you believe you have what we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the #1 Arc Welding Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Lincoln Electric Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other Prohibited Ground. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. We appreciate your consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Please consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available at https://ch-delivery.lincolnelectric.com/api/public/content/85d41874bb474b88a3732c72d9ee6f4f?v=73bc1e90.
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person