Position Title: Intern HR/Payroll (DC)
Requisition ID: 9701
Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center
Division: Human Resources (01000177)
Department: Human Resources
Work Location: METRO ON – 170 THE WEST MALL (#A-WEST)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Intern/Student
The Human Resources Intern is responsible and accountable for processing data changes in both Kronos and SAP in compliance with Company Policies, Collective Agreement and Government Legislation. This includes hires, terminations, updating employee information and processing labour sheets. This position interacts extensively with internal and external customers addressing any inquiries, via phone, e-mail or personally.
- Set up new hires in SAP and Kronos.
- Update systems with status changes, terminations, leave of absences and address/phone number changes, work schedule changes. Includes updating any tracking reports.
- Maintain files, keep filing up-to-date, including movement of active files to termination when required. Project 2018: work with Supervisor to set up new files for non-union.
- Process payroll from a bookkeeping perspective in a Time and Attendance system (Kronos) and maintaining employee records.
- Process and balance the hourly payroll for the unionized full and part time employees for four (4) Distribution Centres on a daily/weekly basis. Accurate data entry, adding and balancing between Kronos and excel labour sheets.
- Ensure that job premiums, as set out in the Collective Agreement, are paid on a daily basis.
- Investigate payroll inquiries and process adjustments accordingly, utilizing tools such as SAP, Kronos and any supporting documentation.
- Sort and distribute direct deposit pay stubs for the Distribution Centres. On occasion attaching communication memos to pay stubs.
- Saturday/Sunday routine includes auditing week, scrolling records in Kronos and daily and weekly balancing of payroll (if required).
- Requirement for coverage during peak vacation season.
- Audit Emergency Leave of Absence forms once signed off by Human Resources Supervisor. Update tracking report. This includes updating records in Kronos and SAP.
- Assist with Lawyer letter requests, confirmation of employment letters, audit of HR Master Data and make corrections.
- Report any irregularities in data to management.
- Producing reports for finance/operations and distributing as required.
- Run annual report for absence codes for hourly FT employees.
- Assist HR Supervisor/Director with departmental projects as required.
- College Diploma in Human Resources, Payroll or Business Administration is an asset.
- 1+ years relevant work experience
- Good oral and written communication skills including good interpersonal skills.
- Solid mathematical and calculator skills. Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Kronos and SAP is an asset.
- Flexibility to work weekends, statutory holidays, and extra days for vacation/absence relief, based on the needs of the business.
- Distribution Centre Departments (Operations, Human Resources, IT, Health & Safety, Finances and Labour Relations)
- Union employees
- Vendors: Insurance companies, banks, lawyers, and Government offices
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.