The Program Assistant communicates effectively with patients, the different areas within the Hospital and external agencies as required. Principle responsibilities include: performing reception duties and responding to a variety of inquires within Toronto Rehab, external agencies and the community; typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, ordering and maintaining office supplies; ensuring admission/discharges/transfers are input into the ADT system on same day as occurrence; filing of appropriate information into patient’s health record as per protocol; ensuring charts and contents are in good order; booking and coordinating accurately and efficiently patient’s appointments; compiling and entering program service statistics and data; maintaining an accurate and confidential filing system; preparing reports including letters, memos, agendas, meeting minutes; organizing room bookings, conference/meeting requests and catering; tracking and submitting payroll accurately; scheduling staff duties as assigned; providing administrative support to Manager(s) as needed; providing coverage and assistance to other program administrative positions as required; understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
- Community College with recognized Office Management Certificate or equivalent, Basic Accounting and Medical Terminology
- Minimum of two years relevant experience; experience in Complex Continuing Care service provision an asset
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Calendar
- Working knowledge of telephone system, photocopier, fax machine, printer and various other office equipment; working knowledge of PC back-up procedures
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to work under pressure, effectively prioritize workload and manage competing priorities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to function well independently and in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail oriented, dependable, mature and flexible, with initiative and capacity to handle a variety of complex tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to implement new initiatives as required
- Excellent attendance history
- Must be proficient in English
POSTED DATE: October 1, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 8, 2020
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.