We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Industrial Electrician to join our team!
This individual will perform routine and emergency electrical and mechanical repairs including:
* Preventative maintenance
* troubleshooting electrical and equipment problems
* repairing electrical equipment and systems.
* Installation of equipment and electrical systems.
- Completion of a recognized program and vocational training for electrical trades.
- Must have an Industrial electrician’s license – 442A.
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and understand electrical concepts, practices, and theory.
- Must have troubleshooting skills in AC/DC electrical control circuits, transformers, relay logic, and programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of CNC controls such as Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Heidenhain and Siemens.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of CNC mill & lathe machines would be an asset.
Skills and Competencies
1. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical and mechanical systems
2. Provides preventative maintenance support to production equipment (CNC mill & lathe)
3. Diagnoses Machine malfunctions repairs and implements ways to prevent failures
4. Requires the use of judgment, organization, initiative, teamwork, creativity, problem solving and commitment to tasks.
- Support preventative maintenance program for all production equipment.
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance repairs.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and maintains electrical systems to provide power to machine tools, production equipment and lighting.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and difficulties. Disassemble, rework, adjust, or replace electrical and mechanical components of machinery or equipment to achieve desired results.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, machine manuals and electrical codes to perform safe and effective repairs and installations.
- Assists other maintenance team members in meeting department requirements. Serves as a resource to production, engineering, and other plant personnel.
- Completes appropriate paperwork, machine documentation, panel documentation and preventative maintenance records.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Health Care / Dental / Vision
· RRSP match 3% after 1 year with VDG
· Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time
Van der Graaf is the leading Manufacturer of drum motors for over 30 years in the US and Canada. We are internationally recognized manufacturer of high precision, heavy duty and efficient power transmission equipment for the conveyor industry with modern manufacturing plants in United States, Canada and Europe.
The unique drum motor is a one component conveyor drive which houses all parts internally, eliminating the need for external components like motor, gearbox, sprockets, chain, chain guard and pillow block bearings. The drum motor offers a versatile, less complex, and more efficient way to power your belt conveyor.
We provide reliable solutions through innovation, precision manufacturing processes and after sale service.
Our vision continues to be to design a superior product to meet customer needs in a changing marketplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift