Job Description of Incoming Components Inspector:
Quality Control Incoming components inspector examines, measures, and tests containers and materials used to package drug and cosmetic products for conformity to specifications: Examines and rejects tubes, bottles, cartons, caps, stoppers, and related materials exhibiting flaws such as chips, cracks, torn labels, or discoloration. Verifies packaging components’ specified dimensions, using micrometer, gauge, or caliper.
Duties and Responsibilities for Incoming Components Inspector:
- Perform visual, dimensional, functional and physical testing of packaging components using various types of measuring instruments as needed.
- Test finished products, components, and assembles.
- Review vendor data where applicable, to ensure product is acceptable within material specifications and supplier control plans. Verify adherence to function specs.
- Complete inspection on each item within prescribed cycle time.
- Ensure testing equipment is in proper operating condition and/or calibrated before use.
- Interpret and analyze findings.
- Identify non-conforming material/product and take appropriate action.
- Communicate with internal customers, and suppliers as required to resolve inspection discrepancies.
- Mark items for acceptance or rejection.
- Report all discrepancies to packaging lab supervisor.
- Monitor the safety and housekeeping of the work areas.
- Completes all daily record keeping requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- College diploma or equivalent in relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a GMP regulated industry.
- Thorough knowledge of GMPs/GLPs and regulatory requirements is essential.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills in spreadsheets, word processing and databases desired.
- Must be able to work independently and interact effectively with others from a variety of positions and backgrounds.
- Ability to understand and interpret supplier certifications and test documents.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, deal with changing priorities, and solve problems.
We thank everyone for their interest in the Incoming Components Inspector role at Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc. Only selected candidates that meets our qualifications will be contacted for the next steps.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Vision Care