TEAM LEAD, INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
Site: All sites
Department: UHN Digital
Reports to: Manager – Service Management
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $74,276 – $92,840 annually (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy)
Status: Permanent Full-time
Posted Date: August 23, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Incident Management Team lead will be responsible for managing the days to day Incident and Major Incident team activities. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills. This role will work closely with the Service Desk, Application Support and IT On-site Support teams to ensure a timely and seamless customer experience.
- Responsible for maintenance of the 24/7/365 rotational incident support schedule
- Participate in the 24/7/365 on-call call support rotation as needed
- Lead Major Incident and Major Incident Review (MIR) calls, responsible for Major Incident communications
- Participate in Daily Business huddle calls and escalate as issues or concerns as required
- Lead Incident team identification, escalation and monitoring of incidents
- Responsible for monthly Incident reporting and participation in Monthly meetings
- Responsible for Major Incident contact list, escalation information maintenance and process adherence.
- Maintain Major Incident SLA
- Work with Service Desk and resolver teams to maintain and develop pro-active escalation identification and procedures.
- Work within the Service Management team to implement the organizational support vision
- Oversight of 2 Incident coordinator team members, and 2 Service management team members who participate in the Major Incident on-call support rotation
- Create reports adhoc or scheduled as required
- Analyze data to ensure operating procedures are being followed/SLAs are being met and provide suggestions for service improvement
- Provide timely updates
- Participate in the maintenance and Improvement of knowledge articles
- Enter time in the Digital Time Capture System (ChangePoint)
- Create and maintain Incident metrics reporting and dashboards, and any additional ad hoc tasks or reporting
- Ensures that assigned staff are trained on the structure, purpose and dynamics of team effectiveness
- Identifies ways staff can be appropriately trained and attain the knowledge required for the responsibilities of their respective positions.
- Interpersonal dispute management by resolving disputes, concerns and/or problems within the department
- Performs staff scheduling for on call, over-time, projects and tasks; prioritizes and assigns work to analysts as required, with respect to both operational and/or projects; ensures work-life balance is maintained for each staff member on their team
- Approves vacation, telecommuting, flex day, sick day, float day, anniversary day requests
- Interviews potential candidates for posted positions
- Maintains responsibility for the management, operation and organizational effectiveness of the team, including managing aspects of human and financial resources
- Participates with manager on regular performance reviews pertaining to assigned staff
- At minimum, completion of a 3-year community college program in computer Science/Information Technology or recognized equivalent required
- At least 4 years of practical and related experience and 2 years of on-the-job training
- ITIL v3 foundation Certification (PPO/RCV or ST/SO) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership, project and organizational skills to work with all levels of management and execute work activities to meet IT and customer expectations
- Ability to manage time and meet multiple deadlines in a hectic work environment
- Detailed orientated, process focused, self-motivated and the ability to multi task
- Communicates in a clear, concise manner both written and verbal.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner.
- Ability to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Customer service excellence
- Experience working in healthcare or regulated environment of similar complexity preferred
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Working experience with ServiceNow
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, concepts, practices and CM Standards (ie: CMII, EIA-649, ISO10007 or AS9100)
- Experience and knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with process development
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.