Operational Support to Telecommunications
The Telecommunication’s IM/IT Analyst is responsible for project AND operational activities including, often functioning across disciplines and areas of competency and expertise, but not limited to:
- The Telecommunications IM/IT Analyst is responsible for working with Telecommunication’s Manager, Architects ,Technical staff, Project Managers and Analysts
- Telecommunications IM/IT Analyst may be asked to perform assignments and special projects in support of departmental and/or organizational objectives, often functioning across disciplines and areas of expertise & competency.
- Utilizing and applying consistent understanding of project/IT standards and has the capability of handling multiple projects that have operational and strategic implications.
- Assists with the development of high quality, user documentation, meeting minutes, presentations, etc.
- Collects and reports on Telecommunication incidents, problems, roadmap’s and inventory in support of operational & capital planning & decision-making.
- Under the supervision of the Telecommunication Manager examines, organizes & maintains Telecommunications knowledge bases, policies and procedures, processes and advises on areas of improvement.
- Analyzing and assessing customer/business requirements as they pertain to telecommunications operational processes and/or change management.
- Carrying out workflow and process redesign activities; working at an intermediate level on some phases of systems analysis; including training, documentation and implementation.
- Provides contribution into the development of new and/or improvement of existing processes
- Acting under general supervision to formulate and define system/process scope with an understanding of applicable business systems/processes and industry requirements.
- Documents analyzes and assesses customer/business telecommunications requirements.
- Investigating, documenting and reporting on customer telecommunication current state system/processes
- Performing documentation responsibilities; and coordinating communication among the telecom team , internal SIMS operational and project teams.
- Demonstrates full competency/mastery in two or more , i.e , Project Management, Customer Service, Business Analysis.
- Handles problems requiring individual judgment and latitude for independent action to solve problems.
- Informing management of potential service level problems before they occur and communicates solutions.
- Scheduling and prioritizes own work to accommodate department and customer needs, while minimizing impact on current operation.
- Coordinates the activities of technical staff in support of the implementation of new operational and tactical initiatives that will improve the telecommunications operational environment.
- Support Telecommunication teams during telecom implementations, ongoing operations, coordinates communication between the vendor, clinical teams and/or operational teams.
- Trends incident data and support incident & problem management investigations.
- Works under general direction in delivering project deliverables as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager and supporting the overall success of the project.
- Promotes and sustains good quality customer relationships to ensure support to and delivery of Telecommunications services
- Manages, or is responsible for, small portfolios or packages of work in support of the larger operational initiative and other studies, as assigned
- Escalates project issues to Telecommunication manager, including risks, scope changes, political issues, etc.
- Works under general direction in conducting interviews to obtain understanding of client’s structure and direction to effectively identify/determine user needs/requirements and conduct benefits realization
- Keeps abreast of telecommunication technology development
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties, as assigned or required.
- Represents SIMS in a professional manner when dealing with clinical and external business stakeholders; maintains and upholds a positive image for the organization to those external to SIMS.
- At Minimum a completion of a Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences, Healthcare Informatics Information Technology, or Business.
- Excellent process analysis and application skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and determine/recommend practical courses of action.
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner.
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems.
- Familiarity with local area networks and interfacing/integration with other computers.
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
- Understands how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Understands database management
- Self-motivated team player who can work independently
- Preferred certifications: CAMP/PMP certification
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 28, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 12, 2020
Dianne Barham, Staffing Advisor, Human Resources – Posting #862160
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.