If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
The HVAC/R Working Foreman / Foreperson will report directly to the Regional Operations Manager and will support a team of Service Technicians within the Ontario Region. The specific responsibilities of the position will encompass each of the following KPI’s.
- Establish and maintain professional customer relations.
- Provide equipment service, maintenance and repairs for existing customer base.
- Assist in solving equipment problems and development/implementation of solutions to prevent future occurrence.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and eliminate unnecessary expenses.
- Provide technical assistance, training, development, motivation and leadership to the team.
- Assist Operations Manager with;
- Project planning, scheduling and prioritizing of contracts and extra work with follow up to ensure service is provided in a timely manner.
- Special projects and field recommendations.
- Recruitment and performance management.
- Plan and participation in staff meetings.
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety Policies are adhered to, safe work procedures and participate in weekly HS&S talks.
- Conduct Monthly vehicle inspections.
- With the support of the Service Coordinator Manager, manage and dispatch service technicians to the service call requirements.
- Visit on a regular basis different service sites, meet the customers to ensure quality of delivery while furthering the relationship.
- Assist and review quotes with Quotation Department.
- Support Sales team to develop quotes for service and project related work.
- Down time to be approved by Regional Supervisor.
- Wages as per the collective agreement (Foreman’s rate).
- All other duties as required.
- 10 years previous experience as a certified Journeyperson or HVAC/R related experience as well as experience in Industrial Combustion, Chillers, Large Capacity Boilers and Estimating / Project management.
- Must hold a current refrigeration 313/A license and ODP card; Gas Fitter 1 certificate, OBT1 or 2 and have sound working knowledge of HVAC system design and building maintenance.
- Strong training and presentation skills. ·
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- A good understanding of Ainsworth products and services
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.