It’s an exciting time to be at OSL Retail Services, working for a people focused company that’s at the top of its game. The momentum we’ve generated in recent years with our commitments to client customers, innovation, business results, and an entrepreneurial spirit has created energy, enthusiasm, and engagement among our employees that is pushing us to new heights. And we’re on the lookout for talented people who share our vision and values and want to join us in this journey.
OSL (Outsourced Sales Leadership) was established in 2012 in Mississauga, Ontario, to provide clients with customized designed sales solutions in retail, direct sales, merchandising and customer acquisition.
At OSL, our culture is our foundation. Passionate employees, great customer service and long-term relationships are all built upon that foundation. We value people, passion, honesty, respect, and integrity
Our Vision – to be the premier sales organization in North America by 2025, enriching the lives of all people and the communities we live in
Our Values – Belonging, Collaboration, Responsibility, Passion, Over Achievement, Innovation
The Human Resources Generalist performs a range of HR generalist and administrative duties in support of the HR function for their assigned client groups. The duties include day-to-day administration of employee data management and benefits, policy and legislative compliance guidance and liaising with field management and employee workplace questions and issues. You will also assist with training, H&S, performance management and coaching, development and termination of employees and managers on issues of basic to moderate complexity with support from their supervisor on more complex issues.
Location: Hybrid in Mississauga
A little more about the responsibilities of the role:
- First point of contact for District Managers and above regarding employee relations issues
- Oversee requisition (e.g. new hire), onboarding (e.g. onboarding and change forms) and offboarding (extended absences, termination requisitions) activities for assigned practice area(s) with HR Administration and elevates more complex matters for support and or resolution as required
- Dealing with any employment standard act and or any applicable employee legislation issues
- Actively participates in internal/ corporate new hire on-boarding
- Leads full cycle employee relations investigations including corrective actions
- Coaches leaders on moderate to advanced employee relations matters. Elevates more complex matters to supervisor further support and or resolution as required
- Coaches managers and e.g., or leaders on moderate to advanced performance management and progressive discipline matters including coaching on effective documentation. Elevates more complex matter to supervisor further support and or resolution as required
- Oversees and support administration of vacation and extended absences including tracking, reconciliation, and fulfillment follow-up
- Supports annual performance evaluation administration
- Assists with other HR administrative matters such as HR metrics and systems updates
- Reviews and actions legislative inquiries and/or claims, elevates more complex matters to supervisor immediately
- Liaises cross functional teams including Recruiting and Payroll teams to support business needs
- Supports Manager, Human Resources through active participation in ad hoc meetings, training, and other project assignments
- May travel to stores/ meetings on day, evening and overnight to build relationships and support HR matters (5-10% travel)
- Maintain and apply compliance standards within assigned region
- Performs any other duties as required
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum two years of work experience in a Human Resources role including employee relations, coaching, and investigations required
- A college or university degree, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal relation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Retail experience is an asset
What is in it for you:
- Competitive base salary +bonus
- RRSP matching program
- Vacation plus additional flex days
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life benefits and 401k
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career
- Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- A supportive workplace culture and work environment
- Employee development programs
If this sounds like you and you are excited to be a member of our team, please apply now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OSL is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.