Position Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Requisition ID: 2763
Career Group (ADSP): Administrative
Division: Human Resources (01000177)
Department: Logistics and Distribution
Work Location: METRO ON – 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Permanent
This position is responsible for the processing of employee master data changes in a timely and accurate manner within an assigned territory. The Coordinator, Human Resources is also responsible for acting as a liaison between Store Management, the Human Resources and Payroll department. The role includes running weekly reports to ensure master data changes are communicated accurately to the Pensions, Benefits, and Payroll departments, as well as the various union offices.
- Daily processing of various employee master data changes, such as: new hires, terminations, status and location changes, salary adjustments, promotions, demotions, address changes, etc.
- Ensure master data changes are in compliance with the terms of the particular Collective Agreement and the Company’s internal audit procedures.
- Setup and maintenance of both electronic and hard copy files for store and pharmacy employees in accordance with government legislation, Company Policies and the respective Collective Agreement.
- Weekly review of various payroll reject reports. Follow-up as required to ensure paperwork is received in a timely manner and hours are re-submitted for processing.
- Weekly tracking of employee hours for laid-off employees with recall rights, in accordance with the particular agreement.
- Daily responsibility to act as a Liaison between Store Management, Human Resources and Payroll department.
- Responsible for calculating weekly relief pay for eligible employees. Submission of payments to payroll prior to deadline.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records for all Employment Standards and Collective Agreement leave of absences (i.e. maternity, parental, personal, etc). Follow up as required of expected return to work dates.
- Upon request, issue letters of employment to employees in support of third party requests (i.e., mortgage applications, loan applications, immigration paperwork, etc.). Confirmation of employment may later be required by these parties.
- Generation of reports on a weekly basis through SAP and distribution to various departments, including Pensions, Benefits, Payroll, Store/Pharmacy, Union etc.
- Weekly review of various audit reports to ensure master data integrity.
- Upon request from the H.R. Field Managers, research employment information as required.
- Assist HR Supervisor/Manager with departmental projects as required.
- University/College courses in Human Resources Management an asset
- 1 – 3 years relevant work experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task, as the incumbent must adhere to strict deadlines with constant telephone interruptions
- Must be able to problem-solve and work independently
- Ability to interpret and understand Collective Agreements, Company policies and relevant Government legislation
- SAP-HR an asset
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.