Position: Human Resources Analyst/Advisor
Site: Research Institutes
Department: Human Resources, Employee Relations
Reports To: Site HR Director
Status: Permanent Full Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Human Resources Analyst/Advisor with our Employee Relations Team supporting our Research Institutes.
Working with a team of Human Resource professionals, the Research HR Analyst/Advisor will assist in many aspects of the daily operation while having overall responsibility for certain areas of the Human Resources functions. You are responsible for the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for assigned personnel, providing employee relations guidance, assisting with talent management initiatives, employee rewards and recognition opportunities and supporting/ conducting HR projects as assigned by the HR Director. You are a member of the UHN Employee Relations Team and participate in cross-site meetings, projects and initiatives.
Energized by deadlines and a fast-paced work environment, you are known for your exceptional interpersonal skills, efficiency in time management, attention to detail and accuracy. You consistently seek out opportunities to enhance the employee experience, while balancing the operational needs of the departments you support. As an HR professional, you remain alert to the confidential nature of the work involved and you possess standards of integrity and self-discipline.
Your day-to-day activities include:
- Acting as a first point of contact for Research Non-Paid Appointments (RNPA) and addressing any internal and external requests/concerns related to Human Resources such as policies, practices, and procedures
- Providing guidance and support to managers by assisting them in addressing employee related items including performance, probations, attendance management, leaves and return to work plans for assigned client portfolio.
- Providing guidance and support to hiring managers, stakeholders and new hire candidates in the recruitment and selection process
- Coordinating the orientation process for stakeholders and ensuring the on-boarding process operates effectively, providing an optimal RNPA experience at each step
- Interpreting, creating, and evaluating Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure they support goals and objectives and meet employment legislation
- Collecting, reviewing, and analyzing Human Resources data for quarterly/yearly reports
- Completing any ad hoc projects as assigned by the HR Director in a timely manner
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
- Three to five years of experience in Employee Relations and/or as a Human Resources Generalist
- University Degree in Human Resources
- Working knowledge of Human Resources procedures and the Employment Standards Act
- Excellent data entry-computer systems skills and word processing skills, including above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Closing Date: Until Filled
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted